Happy Easter, happy reading ... and enjoy that coffee! :)
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Thanks, hope you're enjoying the city in bloom.
I am, or at least, I did yesterday and the day before ... the weather isn't exactly conducive to going outside today.
Murder by Death 6 years ago
We haven't changed ours yet, and of course ours "falls back". Twice a year this drives me insane, because the US changes on one weekend, Europe on another, and Australia on a third, so that twice a year my calling/FaceTiming window to family (US) and friends (EU) does completely pear shaped.
Sarah's Library 6 years ago
It's next weekend for us, right? I also find it strange that we start Autumn weeks before the other hemisphere starts Spring.
Murder by Death 6 years ago
Yes, it's next weekend.

The Spring and Autumn thing is a running joke between MT and I. In the N. Hemisphere, they use the Vernal Equinox and the Autumnal Equinox dates and the official start of those seasons, while AU just uses the first of the month. Same with summer and winter too (Summer and Winter start on their respective solstices - usually the 21st, same as the equinoxes).

Keeping our pagan roots in the north. ;)
Sarah's Library 6 years ago
It would make more sense to use the equinoxes, especially with our summers lasting longer and longer, but our winters don't do the same so we could start autumn late but not the rest of the seasons.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Sarah, Murder, this is crazy. I had not idea that you guys experienced the time change at yet another date. I thought it was stupid enough to confuse people with the difference between US / Europe, but Aus having yet another date? It's just ludicrous.
Murder by Death 6 years ago
Agreed.
Sarah's Library 6 years ago
It's okay if you have no contact with other countries, but as soon as you try to calculate when to Skype a northern hemispherer things get a bit complicated.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Thanks. Coffee is so dependable.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Agreed. The time change is daft, and having read MbD and Sarah's comments below, it makes even less sense.
consoul 6 years ago
Ich bin auch kein Freund der Zeitumstellung... nervt voll! Und ich bin durch die Arbeit auch geistig gerade so ko, dass ich diesen Satz nicht ├╝bersetzen kann... tut mir leid....
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Alles klar. Dafuer hab ich doch totales Verstaendnis. :)