YouKneeK 5 years ago
I’m glad you enjoyed this one so much! Of the 13 Discworld books I’ve read so far, this one is my favorite. Your quotes reminded me of some of the reasons why. :)
BrokenTune 5 years ago
It's the Witches meet Macbeth (my favourite WS play) and Hamlet - what's not to love?
I'm glad you enjoyed this one, too.
BrokenTune 5 years ago
Are you reading more Discworld for the Fall Bingo?
YouKneeK 5 years ago
I’m not doing the Fall Bingo, even though I’m having fun reading everybody else’s posts about it. I’ll likely read another Discworld novel within the next book or two. I have “Lords and Ladies” up next, which is another Witches book, so I’m looking forward to it. I've kind of been aiming to start it around the time I go on vacation, which is a week away.
BrokenTune 5 years ago
Lords and Ladies sounds really good. The witches are ace.
I'll read Equal Rites next, which I believe only has Granny W. Should still be good.
YouKneeK 5 years ago
I thought Equal Rites was ok, but not on the same level as the next two Witches books. I liked Witches Abroad almost as much as Wyrd Sisters, though.
BrokenTune 5 years ago
Yeah, I hear that it isn't as good, but it is the first in the witches series. Glad to know the next is really good.
@YouKneeK: Have you read "Witches Abroad"? Pratchett's books (from what I've seen so far, though admittedly that's only a small part of the series) typically work well as stand-alones, but "Lords and Ladies" builds directly on the foundation created by "Witches Abroad," so you may want to have a look at that one first if you haven't already. (Then again, maybe not, because I at least liked "Witches Abroad" a good deal better than "Lords and Ladies" ...)
YouKneeK 5 years ago
Thanks for the warning, Themis-Athena. I did read Witches Abroad at the beginning of the month and I liked it a lot. I’m reading Discworld in publication order to experience it as it was originally developed.
OK, just making sure! :)