Gorgeous! Sorry to hear you had to get a cold to deliver these pictures to me, feel better soon :)
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Ha! Thanks.
Moonlight Reader 3 months ago
That is gorgeousness!
BrokenTune 3 months ago
I was quite surprised by the inside.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 3 months ago
Sounds and looks lovely!

ETA: not the cold, when you got to walk around the trip. Sorry for any potential confusion!
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Thanks, Grim.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I am SO sorry about the sodding cold. Hope you knock it back quick. :)

But that duomo is breathtaking. Just from the pictures it's breathtaking... I can't imagine it in person. Did you see the meridian line?

(Not sure about this duomo, but they used to like to build the cathedrals in the shape of the cross, which does make interior views a lot more limiting...)
BrokenTune 3 months ago
The sodding cold needs to get a grip this evening as I have plans...which incidentally also take place in a cathedral.

I did see the sundial, but didn't get a great picture as there was a group of people in the way. I plan to make up for this in May (tho, with a meridian line in another Italian cathedral).

In this church, the limiting views seemed to be caused by scale and odd angles more than by the layout in form of a cross. I'm glad there some people in the pictures to give a sense of the size of the place.
Martini 3 months ago
This is awesome! So impressive, and I can see how one can spend hours there to view everything.
I hope you'll get rid of that cold really fast!
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Thanks. You know when you go to a place and you can't shake that feeling that you should be a character in a book or film? I got that there, but could not recall a single book or film that are set there.
Martini 3 months ago
I had that exact feeling while walking through Athens a few years ago! Couldn't think of a movie either. :D
What gorgeous pictures, and get over that cold soon!
Awogfli - Bookcroc 3 months ago
Never been to Milano. Its a pitty! But this city is so far away from me. To Trieste it takes me 5 hours by car to Milano more then 10 . Maybe it is better that I normally leave the car when I see the sea in Trieste, because I will never have the money to shop all this beautiful shoes and clothes you get in Milano ;-)