Obsidian Blue 3 months ago
Nice!!
Murder by Death 3 months ago
The RBG book was the title that jumped out at me the most - I've been getting curiouser and curiouser about her lately. :)
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I've sort of been hoping I'd land on this spot since I just got a book about Lincoln last week that looks good. :)
BrokenTune 3 months ago
I'm crossing my fingers for your STEM spot AND that you get to hop on this square on your next round.
Tea, Rain, Book 3 months ago
All solid choices, but RBG wins in my book.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Yeah, RBG it will be...
Lillelara 3 months ago
I´m so looking forward to your thouoghts about The Victorian Chaise-Lounge :).

However, I do hope that I won´t be hitting the time travel square before I have gotten it in the mail ;).
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Well, I will find out tonight, which I will probably regret because I am the wrong person to read horror before bedtime. I hope you get it before you land on the time travel square. Although, there is a Victoriana era square, too, somewhere. So, the chances of using this one are good.
Lillelara 3 months ago
I hope it won´t be too scary :).

In case of hitting the Victorian square, I will be reading "Lady Audley´s Secret" by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. It´s about time...
Honestly, I love this game. I´m reading some really great books which have been on my shelves for ages. And I don´t know why I haven´t read them yet.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Yes, me too. This game is great! I have a good idea of which books will fit which square and I really look forward to reading them. I have several choices for some of squares, too. Like the cars one. Although, one of them will be my holiday read, come what may!
Lillelara 3 months ago
I don´t have the biggest TBR (yet), so for some of the squares I really have to rack my brain.

And I´m not mentioning the incoming Agatha Christie book haul, which is massive. There goes the plan of reducing my TBR-pile ;).
BrokenTune 3 months ago
A massive Christie haul? Oh, do tell!
Lillelara 3 months ago
I couldn´t put any more money into my piggy bank, so I had to spend some of the money. Right? I don´t even know how many books exactly are coming ... about 25 or so.
I´m planning on posting about it, so be on the lookout on sunday :).
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Oh, wow!!!!
I'll certainly look out for your post.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Oh me too! I can't wait to see your haul post. 25 books incoming... wow! :)
Ooh, that's a Christie I haven't yet read - I believe her only historical mystery. (Set in Ancient Egypt, if I'm not mistaken.)
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Yes, I just started it and it is quite different. :)
Char's Horror Corner 3 months ago
Whoohoo that you get to read a Christie! Perfect.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Believe it or not, I had a hard time choosing a book for "Historical Mystery" from the GR listings. Not many of the listed books appealed to me. :(
If you hit this again and can't find something, I could try to think of something; I read a lot of historical mystery.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
I think my other option would have been a dip into Elizabeth Peters. which would have been ok, too.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
I was just a little gutted that I had already read Tey's Daughter of Time. :(
Elizabeth Peters would work really well, too.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
LoL. If I land on that square again, I'll certainly seek your recommendations.:)
Hol 2 months ago
Jail, oh no!
BrokenTune 2 months ago
It's cool. I have a Josephine Tey that is due back at the library soon...
Hol 2 months ago
Ah, good.
For the time travel - how about Doomsday Book, by Connie Willis?
BrokenTune 2 months ago
It looks like an excellent book, but a) I need to be in a mood for time travel (which I'm not), and b) I'm trying to use books that I already have (either on the shelf or on the kindle)...
Hol 2 months ago
What about A Wrinkle in Time? That's very short.
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Same as SusannaG's suggestion - I'd rather read something that I already have.

I have browsed my kindle, tho, to see what might be a fit (there is positively NOTHING on my physical shelves as time travel is not something I go for...). I'll write a separate post for the ones I've found.
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Never mind. While browsing through the kindle I found that I have Making History by Stephen Fry. That's one I actually am looking forward to reading. :D
Char's Horror Corner 2 months ago
YAY to finding something you already wanted to read that fits!
It's only Fry novel I have left. :D
Char's Horror Corner 2 months ago
I hope you enjoy it!
Hol 2 months ago
Oh, I've read that and enjoyed it a lot. Have fun.
Lillelara 2 months ago
Loved The Godfather. I hope you enjoy it too. It has some memorable scenes in it. I told my best friend about this one scene in this book and she immediately said "oh, you mean that and that has happened" and she has read the book about twenty years prior to us talking about it :)
BrokenTune 2 months ago
I really look forward to it. I'm reading it with Troy, which will have the added pleasure of lots of comments going back and forth. I have a feeling this will be so much fun.
Lillelara 2 months ago
Oh, that sounds great. Have so much fun, BT. I´m looking forward to your updates :)
Murder by Death 2 months ago
We're on the same space - ::scootches over to make room:: Howdy neighbour!

You're reading selections for small town are SO much more ... classy, than mine are, lol! :D
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Oh really. Hello back! :) Have you picked a book, yet?
My other options included Fannie Flagg. So, I'd go easy on the "classy" label. ;) But I do like Wilder a lot and I have some of his plays, which are calling me to read them soon.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Which Fannie Flagg? I have, I think, two of hers on my piles, lol.

I haven't picked a book yet - but cozies are always a gimme when it comes to small towns. ;)
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Well, I wouldn't mind re-reading Fried Green Tomatoes because my memory is heavily tainted by the film.
I also looked at The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion (because my library has it!), but it looks like it would also fit the task for Main St. Station # 3 - Road trip.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Lol... those are the two I have. At some point maybe we should buddy read one?
BrokenTune 2 months ago
I just finished one of the most depressing Highsmith books I've encountered, I could do with something fluffy (which I imagine Flagg would be). It's not midnight, yet, so I don't know what the next roll brings, but irrespective of the Opoly, I'd love a Flagg buddy read.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Sounds good to me - I'm game for either one. I'm doing a buddy read with MR - The Circular Staircase by Mary Roberts Rinehardt but I think that might be... I'm not sure when that's going to start actually. I'll be in NZ from Sat-Wed. next week and I'm not sure I'll be online (although I'll be reading of course). So if you want to start right away (I can't roll until tomorrow on BL-opoly but that doesn't matter), and cleanse your reading palette from the Highsmith, I'm cool with that. :)
BrokenTune 2 months ago
I'll need a few days to order it from the library (usually takes them 3 or 4 days), so if you wanted to wait till your back from NZ (just a little jealous here!) that would work, too. :D
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Ok, let's hold off then. (Don't be too jealous - we're going so my nieces can see snow and so far it's cold as hell, but no snow.)
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Sounds exciting. Well, for your nieces at least. I imagine NZ in snow must be very Lord of the Rings-like. Still a bit jealous. It sounds like a great trip, and you can always dress for cold. :D

I've just rolled and landed on "?" - 17, where I get to read a cozy mystery. That should help with getting rid of the Highsmith blues. :D I'm looking at Scene of the Climb, which has been lurking on my kindle. I'll write update in the morning.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Perfect! I eyed this book for awhile but then I opted out, so I'll be interested to hear what you thought of it.
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Finished it. Good thing you opted out. You haven't missed much.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
I was afraid of that (for you). Sorry it wasn't a winner.
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Ah, well. Another one off the kindle TBR pile at least. So, there is something good about it. ;)
Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
We're sharing a space again. :)
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
Hehe. How fun!
Obsidian Blue 2 weeks ago
Um this one ticked Moonlight and I off.
Obsidian Blue 2 weeks ago
And yes this counts. In Christie's time the dude be a billionaire
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Cool. Thanks. I remember both your reviews, but what can I do? If I made through Nemesis, I can make it through this one. ;)
Obsidian Blue 2 weeks ago
Lol! Can't wait for the updates.
Yep, a millionaire then has got to be worth a billionaire now.
Wow what a game ! I don't know if I figured out ?! You play each Friday to know what book or kind of book you read until the other Friday ?
BrokenTune 1 week ago
The Friday book is just an extra. It's like monopoly where you're allowed to roll every second day (provided you finished the book from the previous roll). Unfortunately, the game is coming to an end at the end of the month.

Rules are in this post here: http://booklikes.com/thread/3007/booklikes-opoly-game-play-and-rules
BrokenTune 1 week ago
Oh, and if you don't follow Moonlight Reader or Obsidian Blue already, have a look at their BL blogs. They have already confirmed that they will organise another game of some sort later in the year. :)
thats is so great ! But I must admit I am a sloooooooow reader :P
Tannat 1 week ago
Well, even for slower readers, it's an interesting way to work your way through your to-read list.
Moonlight Reader 2 days ago
I would imagine that there will be another game in the fall. We'll take August off, for sure.
Obsidian Blue 2 days ago
What you said! I need a little break :-D
Moonlight Reader 2 days ago
Lol! I know! Plus, we need to get those creative juices flowing again!