Hol 4 years ago
I felt the same, I didn't want to put this down. Glad you enjoyed it.
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Oh, but how do you explain this book to someone without spoiling it? I have a RL friend who got all excited when I told her I was reading this.
Hol 4 years ago
Lol, yes that's a problem. You really can't describe much more than the synopsis does.
Person Of Interest 4 years ago
We actually had a friend who suffered from a similar condition. His was the result of either a concussion from a sports injury or a sinus infection he was hospitalized for (doctors weren't sure which brain trauma led to it). It manifested as a nocturnal epilepsy, and his wife would help him relearn things each day. It was a devastating condition and eventually he committed suicide. Sadly RL can be as bizarre and harrowing as fiction.
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Wow. Her condition in the book was pretty terrifying. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to cope with this.
Scarlet's Web 4 years ago
I loved this one and was excited for the authors next book but it was a letdown :(
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Yeah, I read the description of his second book and thought it looked like the first one but slightly different?
Scarlet's Web 4 years ago
I can't remember much of it to be honest and that alone says a lot. I do remember finding the main character extremely stupid and frustrating and wanting to slap her, and the ending being a huge flop. I have a review up for it http://scarletaingeal.booklikes.com/post/1102019/second-life-by-s-j-watson
I enjoyed this one too!
meeplemaiden 4 years ago
I loved this when I read it a while ago. I was actually surprised at the story NOT feeling all that repetitive. I've heard that Second Life isn't that good but I will borrow it from the library sometime.
Scarlet's Web 4 years ago
Second Life was a huge disappointment, it didn't even seem like the same author.
Burfobookalicious 4 years ago
Sounds interesting, thanks. One for the tbr pile.
BrokenTune 4 years ago