Elentarri's Book Blog 3 weeks ago
I finished the book but can't say that I enjoyed it or got anything out of it.
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
It was weird: part of me wanted to finish the book because of the group read, and part of me wanted to slap my head for spending any more time on a book I wasn't enjoying. I bowed to the slap.

If I had gotten something out of the book I would have continued, but if all I got was questionable trivia to participate in boozy conversations about cat food, then I would not say that I got something out of it.
Person Of Interest 3 weeks ago
Yeah, there's lots of hangin' with quirky researchers, myth debunking and frat boy trivia in this one. I'm up to Stuffed - the chapter on whether it's possible to eat yourself to death - and will finish it, but I doubt I'll try any of Roach's other books.
Obsidian Blue 3 weeks ago
That's a shame. Have to say the cover kept weirdly grossing me out every time I saw it.
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
The book was not a gross as it could have been. But then, it was not anything that it could have been. Roach kept writing about something in one short paragraph and jumped to the next idea in the next paragraph. There was hardly any time to get ick-ied out.
Obsidian Blue 3 weeks ago
Ahh okay. Shame.
Murder, She Reads 3 weeks ago
This one didn't even appeal to me and I was curious to see everyone's reactions. I am afraid if I would have tried it I probably would have been like you.
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
It seems that this one gets really mixed reactions. Some members of the group read seem to really enjoy it, which is great. It was worth trying the book, no regrets on that front. But no regrets DNF'ing it either. It just goes to show that we all have different likes, dislikes, and thresholds when it comes to books - all as it should be.
Barks At The Moon 3 weeks ago
Bummer but thank you for the honest review. I'd likely feel the same.
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
Yeah, it was a bummer, but the discussion in the group has been fun.
Awogfli - Bookcroc 3 weeks ago