Sigh. And there I was naively thinking this year the Halloween Bingo might *really* do something for my TBR. Well, turns out it did -- only the opposite of what I'd been hoping for!

Oh, and, great review, of course ...
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Thanks. And, I cannot pretend to be sorry if this added to your TBR. :D

It turned out to be rather bloody, but nothing like any of the descriptions in the first couple of books of the Tony Hill series.
Well, I could handle those (barely) ... :~
BrokenTune 3 months ago
I bailed after book two largely because of these descriptions.
Not all of the later books are quite as hardcore. In the last one especially, I thought, man, she's growing downright soft! :D
Obsidian Blue 3 months ago
This sounds really good. Glad you enjoyed.
BrokenTune 2 months ago
I was unsure whether I would enjoy it at first because of the "horror" aspect, but it really worked well.
Tannat 3 months ago
This does sound interesting...
BrokenTune 2 months ago
It's different. At least from what I tend to read. The writing is really good, tho.
Lillelara 3 months ago
Oooohhhh, you liked it. Now I canĀ“t wait to read it for myself :) Great review, BT.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
There were a couple of characters that I was really afraid for, but I think McDowell handled these very well. Especially, one of them. I won't say anything more because of spoilers.
Person Of Interest 3 months ago
"...and who's eyes worked at cross purposes." :D Great review. You know I'm not one for horror either, but the title and cover really make me want to read this.
BrokenTune 2 months ago
If it weren't set in New York, I'd have said you get the whole Ripper atmosphere, but there is no Jack. But I fully understand that the "horror" and revenge violence elements are casting doubt over whether this would make an "enjoyable" read.
Book Cupidity 2 months ago
It sounds like it has great atmosphere. You, of course, had me at 'gang of villainous woman'. This is my second book added to my list from reading today's feed alone. I echo Themis-Athena, way to go, BT!
BrokenTune 2 months ago
The "gang of villainous women" element is strong with this one, and it certainly made this book so much more than a revenge thriller. I hope you like it!

And of course, about adding to you TBR.....you're welcome. ;D