Fabulous photos (the first one is giving me vertigo just looking at it); love the 3d and 4th in particular ... views to die for.

I'd love to visit a tea plantation one of these days. My favorite tea store every so often sends their people to the plantations in Taiwan and Japan from where they import part of their tea selections, and they post about it on their blog while there -- every one of those travel reports looks more interesting than the next.

Do you want to count the second pic as a bonus entry for Guy Fawkes Night (since you posted a fireworks picture alread)?
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
It was a great trip last time and one that was a bit of an accident but turned out to be a memorable experience. (Long story...)

I take it you have volunteered your services to the tea store already, right? If not, maybe there are options? ;D

As for the tasks, I think it would also fit the St. Martin's Day task:
" –OR– Take a picture of the book you’re currently reading, next to a glass of wine, or the drink of your choice, with or without a fire in the background." as the reading and tea consumption in picture goes hand in hand. What do you think?
Oh yes, absolutely. I just saw that it would fit the tasks and wasn't sure whether you wanted to use it at all because you hadn't tagged your post for the game. (Sorry if this sounds nit-picking, but we're basically tracking participants' activity on the basis of the "report your points" thread in the bingo group and the "16 festive tasks" tag on posts, so whenever something looks like it might be a "16 tasks" post but isn't tagged for it I just want to make sure we're not missing something that might be intended to be counted it towards the ultimate donation to be made).

We'll count it towards St. Martin's Day then, right?

And, um, I'd love to volunteer my services to the store, but unfortunately those trips are "employees only" (the store pays for them) ... and their level of tea expertise is something I'll never even come close to in this life. But I still enjoy reading their travel blog and looking at the pictures!

"Long story" for your experience sounds ominous ...
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
And "ominous" it shall remain....nah, it was just a travel planning mishap.

Anyway, I didn't actually notice this qualified for the St. Martin's Day task until after posting it. I thought about the Guy Fawkes one only until I read through the other ones again, and then discovered the St. Martin's day option. I'll edit the post in a minute...

That tea shop sounds fab. It must just fun to chat to them about the tea and the trips etc.
I'll gladly take any travel planning mishaps that end in such photos!

And yes, there's a reason why I've been a faithful customer of that store for the past almost 15 years ...
Portable Magic 2 weeks ago
I love those photos - both the office and the tea plantation. Very different views, but each with something interesting. I take it that you travel for work?
BrokenTune 1 week ago
I do. I've been really lucky in that respect as I love travelling. So, I may moan about long flights, sleep deprivation, jet lag, etc. but I'm always conscious that those are perks, too.
Lillelara 1 week ago
Wonderful photos :).

I hope you can enjoy your vacation rather sooner than later.
BrokenTune 1 week ago
Thank you. I am not sure, yet, what were going to do, but my friends are picking me up Friday night and taking me on an adventure. Literally. They haven't told me. :D
Obsidian Blue 1 week ago
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
BrokenTune 1 week ago
Thanks.
I'm envious of your view because my office doesn't even have windows!
I had no idea what tea plantations looked like. That one is beautiful and all that green is very calming for me.
BrokenTune 1 week ago
No windows? How do you keep sane?
I stroll about a lot. :)
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Aw man... that plantation look like heaven!

I have a tea plantation of one plant in my back garden... I haven't tried to harvest any of the leaves yet, because I have yet to figure out how to do it and cure the leaves correctly, but I do have one. :D

Looking forward to your holiday time! (Through probably not as much as you are.)
BrokenTune 1 week ago
Aw, man. You have your own tea plantation! That is so brilliant. Are you planning to find out how to do it?

As for holiday, ... I am so ready for it. As much fun as it is to work on this project, my regular projects also need tending to and, all in all, tonight is the first night I'm going to have actual time to sleep.
It's ridiculous. However, it is also good fun.
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Oh I'm definitely planning on it - I just have to find a set of instructions that are both clear and doable for an amateur that doesn't own dehydrating equipment. And remember when the tips are due to start growing in time to actually harvest them. :)
BrokenTune 1 week ago
It's a daft question but could you bake them at a low-ish temperature?
Murder by Death 1 week ago
It's not daft - I have the same question; I just haven't yet been able to find a definitive answer. As you know, I can not 'wing it' in the kitchen, so I need to find instructions that are very specific: 'X temp for Y amount of time' kind of thing.

I've also not spent a dedicated amount of time to finding out yet, as until this year, the tree/bush wasn't big enough to harvest anything from. I just started pruning it last summer to get it to fill out.