Murder by Death 4 days ago
They are all gorgeous shots, but that sky in picture 2!!! Amazing - I want to just keep staring at it.

Sounds like you had a great time, even with the hot temps (which we have now... yay!)
BrokenTune 4 days ago
I really struggled with the heat. :( At least KL is a little (a very little!) bit cooler at around 26C - 28C and the heavy rain is helping, too, but I was exhausted by the time we got back last night. I resolved to not do anything today other than sit by the pool, sleep, play with the interweb, and re-hydrate. Food...I'm good until tomorrow. ;)

As for the sky, it was phenomenal. I don't think my friends share the same sense of wonder at nature. I felt like I was constantly staring at clouds, the sky, weird hills, colours, etc. and them going yes, it's nice, then quickly changing topics.
What you can't see in the picture that well is that there was pinkish hue to the light, too. It was so nice. :)
Murder by Death 4 days ago
I grew up with it so I'm acclimatised, but I do know it can be stifling. I'm betting Malaysia is humid too which just makes the heat worse because it sits on you like a blanket.

I know exactly what you mean about friends not sharing the same love or wonder for nature. There are very few people I know (in fact, 1 that I can think off at the moment) that I've ever travelled with that enjoy the same things I do - sky, ocean, mountains, critters, etc. I usually get the same "yeah, it's nice" reaction. Such a letdown, no matter how much I love them. :)
BrokenTune 4 days ago
I spotted a couple of black-naped orioles (!!!!) while waiting for my friends at Fort Cornwallis, and all I got was "yeah, nice". :(
Unfortunately, I was too slow to get the camera focused.

And, yes, the humidity is pretty bad. It's like you're constantly under a very heavy and hot duvet.
Murder by Death 3 days ago
Gah! Birds! I swear they're worse than cats - they sit there still as statues until some sixth sense alerts them you're about to focus the camera and *fffttttt* ... gone. I have hundreds of blurry bird photos. :P

Did I tell you my trip to NZ was originally supposed to be to New Caledonia? Because... smartest crows! And my in-laws looked at the island (which is stunning by the way, even without the crows) and went "Eh. Let's go somewhere else." ::sigh::
BrokenTune 3 days ago
They passed on NZ? LoL, that is funny.
It seems like everyone around Booklikes is so well traveled!
These pictures are beautiful-thanks for sharing!
BrokenTune 3 days ago
Books and travel do go hand in hand in way...both are food for curious minds.