isanythingopen 4 years ago
I'm really going to have to read the Discworld books. I think I've read one.
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Are you planning to join us for the Hogfather read? That might be a fun way to try the series. :D
Granny Marple? OK, I'm sold.

Is there a start date for the Hogfather read, btw? I've already read it, but I just might be persuaded ...
BrokenTune 4 years ago
You know, now I can't remember who suggested the Hogfather buddy read. I thought it had been you, but I guess not. LoL.

If there isn't an official buddy read, yet, I'll set up a post later tonight. :)
Lol. Nope, wasn't me, except in the sense that we included it in "16 Festive Tasks" as *the* obvious read for Hogswatch Night. Anyway, guess I am in!
Lillelara 4 years ago
Oh, a Hogfather buddy read :D. I would love to join that one. I just got my physical copy today (together with Wyrd Sisters, btw).
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Alright, I'm just typing up the post! :D
Yey -- very good!
Portable Magic 4 years ago
Granny and Nanny are the best literary duo, but it's a wonder they didn't kill each other for the brief time before they found their "maiden".
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Well, they have been friends for so long, tho. One of the things that comes out in each book - especially this one, I thought - is that their friendship is based on true acceptance. Sure, they'll wind each other up, but they know when they've gone too far.

For example, in this one Granny starts asking people the same question (like a personality test) and people think she's nuts. Nanny gets straight away what Granny is doing, and she helps to explain it to others. And the same with "The Book of Snacks" - Granny is annoyed at first the Nanny has published the book, but then she fends for Nanny's right to get proper royalties.
Portable Magic 4 years ago