You have unread books by Ali Smith? That's something I wouldn't have expected ...

At least two of your physical TBR books are on my virtual one (David-NĂ©el's "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" and Pearl S. Buck's "Imperial Woman.") I haven't -- yet -- implemented as strict rules as you, so I might get to them in 2018, too, but ... well ... there *is* that physical TBR of mine, too ...
BrokenTune 3 months ago
I have several books by Ali that I haven't read, yet. I just don't want to be in a situation where I don't have an Ali Smith book to look forward to, or not have one as "emergency kit".
It was horrible when I ran out of Greene and Waters. Especially when I ran out of Waters - that "author hangover" lasted for weeks.

As for "strict rules".....just look at the stacks, min... Something needs to be done!

Yeah. Well. ;) And yes, I get the book hangover thing, of course. Good planning!

Btw, that stack to the right is looking like it's leaning somewhat precariously already ... or is that just a matter of the photo angle, like with my 2017 Halloween Book Bingo stack?
BrokenTune 3 months ago
That "leaning angle" is totally planned. Remember a few weeks ago when I heard that loud THUD and the stack had collapsed with book falling behind the shelf? And I had to empty the shelf to recover the books? Yeah, I'm not doing that again in a hurry. So, the stack is "supported" by the wall. The other two stacks are more stable.
I see -- sound planning ... (so much for self-supporting book stacks, right?)
Reading All Night 3 months ago
Good luck on your challenge. I have something similar since I have sadly way to many books I own that have just sat on my self in favor of other books. Course another issue is seeing other people's challenges and then adding books off their to read to my own and thus adding to the ever growing pile of books I want/need to read.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
And that is why I thought I'd be helpful and put a reading list together. You're welcome. ;D

In all seriousness, I hear you. If it weren't for other people's pictures of TBR piles, we'd not have a TBR problem.
Reading All Night 3 months ago
So so true. I do like them though even with that because probably is one of the few ways I find out about authors I would never really hear about otherwise.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
We both have the Simon Callow/Wagner book on our TBRs... buddy read sometime this year?
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Carissa Green Reads 3 months ago
Good luck! Happy 2018 reading!

BrokenTune 3 months ago
Thank you! Happy 2018 reading to you, too.