Ah! Mt. TBR! How you keep growing despite everything I do to stop you - and yet that's entirely my own fault. I'm already failing this year...
BrokenTune 10 months ago
Really? We're only 5 days in! LoL! I guess, the question really is in what way you are failing Mt. TBR? Is it even possible?
For me Mt. TBR is defined as the number of unread books I own, which I would like to reduce. Of course the fact that it went up by one yesterday is, on its own, fairly meaningless over the long term. There was a period between 1998 and 2005 when it was under reasonable control but it went crazy 2006 - 2009 and has never got back down to something sensible.
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Oh, it's possible. ;)
BrokenTune 10 months ago
Oh, what book did you get yesterday?

How many (guesstimate) are on your Mt. TBR?
BrokenTune 10 months ago
@MbD: LoL.I thought I was offering a philosophical way out of the Mt. TBR doom here. ;)
Murder by Death 10 months ago
We're too far gone for philosophical loopholes! LOL... o_O

(sorry - thought your last post was response to mine. Makes more sense it was aimed at Arbie - sorry Arbie for horning in! :D )
BrokenTune 10 months ago
@MbD: 6? After the New Year's Day bookfest? Really? To be fair, 350 does not sound that bad.

@Arbie: Which book did you add yesterday?
Murder by Death 10 months ago
It wouldn't be too bad a number, if they weren't all piled up everywhere. :P
Goodreads says, Mt. TBR is 237 books high, but you can take ~15 textbooks off and add ~5 that aren't in their database, giving ~225 books. (All physical volumes, I don't currently do eBooks.)

I bought The Walking Dead Compendium One, which better be good considering how much it cost!
BrokenTune 10 months ago
@ Arbie: 225 is also a pretty good number. :) TWD Compendium sounds a lot of fun! Is it prose or more like a graphic novel?

@MbD: I see your problem.
The Walking Dead started life as a comic/graphic novel, which is still being produced, I think, before AMC adapted it for television. I'm not sure how faithful the TV show is to the comic plot, but having watched 6 years of it, it's probably overdue I gave the source material a chance. There are at least three Compendia now.