Murder by Death 3 years ago
Why is the BL cover the bookmark - am I missing something? Should the cover look like that or should it be the gray cover in your pic? I'm always hesitant with these special (gorgeous) editions...
BrokenTune 3 years ago
I submitted a request to change the cover...earlier tonight, so it might be in a queue somewhere...but may have forgotten to add the link to Ammy.... (https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Surrender-Constance-Maud/dp/1903155843/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517961140&sr=8-1&keywords=no+surrender+persephone)

The BL cover is a picture of the bookmark and endpapers in the Persephone edition. All the Persephone books have a special end paper - usually a textile pattern that the editors though was beautiful or had a time relevant connection with the book. But on the outside most of the Persephone books have the same grey cover.
BrokenTune 3 years ago
I added a picture of the end paper, too. It is lovely. :)
Murder by Death 3 years ago
Ah, ok. I haven't checked the queue yet; I'll get it changed over, assuming BL stays up during maintenance. :)
Murder by Death 3 years ago
It's gorgeous! Persephone's endpapers are almost enough to make me want to buy the books regardless of what they are. I can see why someone would want to use them instead of the cover, but 'precisie!'. :)
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Thank you. :)
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Yeah, I can see why the end paper picture was chosen, too. And I am fairly sure I have bought a few of them purely based on my liking the end paper. :D
BrokenTune 3 years ago
The Persephone newletter/email sometimes introduces where an end paper selection came from. It is the only commercial newsletter I look forward to receiving - it's an update on new releases but also a journal of events the editors have attended or a discussion of a relevant author or event or building. It is very well written.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
Noted - I might try to sign up for it (meaning, if I remember to).