Well, well. Look at that beautiful sight ... Congratulations!
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Thank you. Such a lucky find. :D
Lucky indeed!
Darth Pedant 4 years ago
Gorgeous! The power of matching book covers is almost hypnotic. I once bought half of an author's backlist because the diabolical publisher had reprinted them with matching covers. (I'd planned to get them from the library, but . . . but . . . matching covers . . . .)
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Diabolical. There is no other word for it. How can anyone resist matching covers?
Exactly. And I particularly hate when they do this mid-series ... I mean, *having* (um) to buy the backlist you don't own yet is bad enough, but if they do this when you've already started collecting one particular design??!
Darth Pedant 4 years ago
I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?
Murder by Death 4 years ago
Oh, they are gorgeous! Congratulations on the lucky find - that's definitely a win.

PS: I never put re-reads on my TBR myself; too much pressure for a book that's already been read. :)
I don't either. But I fully count them towards "books read"!
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Well, there are two I haven't read, yet - The Longest Journey and Maurice, and there are two that I am planning on re-reading anyway - A Passage to India and Room with a View. You know, just because ... I love the writing.
I'm not going to put them on Mt. TBR. They are new acquisitions, but I don't think they really count... There is no question of them not remaining on my shelves and no question of reading them to make some shelf space.
BrokenTune 4 years ago
I just love them. :)
BrokenTune 4 years ago
So, after a more thorough look into things, these paperbacks are form 1995. 1995! They are in pristine condition.
There is a part of me that wants to send the seller a friend request on FB just because they looked after these books so well.
Oh, wow. I don't blame you. So this wasn't a commercial seller?
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Nope. Ebay.
4 years ago
Oooh, look at your Beautiful Books! :)