Mysteriously, several piles of unread books have appeared here - conservation of unread book piles?
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Very likely! :D
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Someone should do some research on that and formulate a law about it.
Debbie's Spurts 2 weeks ago
Hey, it is shrinking! A phenomenon I have never seen!
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Me neither, actually. I'm still shocked.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
You're making the rest of us look bad here - how dare your TBR shrink? ;-)

Seriously though, impressive results!
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Thanks. I guess I have found a system that it working for me.
Elentarri's Book Blog 2 weeks ago
WOW! I'm impressed. My pile just gets bigger even though I've cut back on buying (only 2 books this month) and I've donated about 10 books this month.
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Wow. You only bought 2? My physical TBR is getting smaller, but I still have the kindle to despair over.
Elentarri's Book Blog 2 weeks ago
2 paperbacks. The stuff on the e-reader is something else.
Wanda's Book Reviews 2 weeks ago
You are the Mount TBR slayer! Well done.
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Haha. Slayer. Never heard that in connection with Mt. TBR before.
Char's Horror Corner 2 weeks ago
The pile on the left is quite a bit shorter! Well done!
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Yeah, they all are really but the one on the left is the most drastic visually.
The pile on the right seems to be tipping over...careful. Don't damage the spines!
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
It's all safe. It only looks that way in the original January picture, really, but even then the pile was carefully supported by the wall. There has been some engineering effort in this stacking. ;)
That's some impressive shrinkage ...
BrokenTune 5 days ago
Thanks. With the bingo, I only really have August, November, and maybe half of December (before the Christmas reads start) to try and finish these.
Another 35 books or so to go? (Maybe you can work some of them into the bingo?)
BrokenTune 4 days ago
Mythos will get amnestied because I want to finish Holmes before starting another Fry read/narration and we're scheduled to finish Holmes by the end end of the year (Dec 21st).

Of the ones left on Mt. TBR, only The Blank Wall, Magic and Mystery in Tibet, and potentially Fatal Passage (that is, if being trapped in ice qualifies as "shipwrecked") would work for the bingo.

But... I'm going to substitute one book in the pile for another bingo book on my shelf, potentially take off the last King book (Green Grass, Running Water), Die Aula is a re-read (so I could take that one off) and I have to see if I want to learn more about Cole Porter after finishing the combined Cole/Noel bio.

So, there are some options here.
Good! I'd have thought "Mythos" would work for the bingo as well (e.g., "Cryptozoologist") -- but I can totally see the reasoning behind quarantaining it.