Abandoned by user 3 years ago
Love it! I am going to have a snowy mystery festival in November - Hercule Poirot's Christmas, Sittaford Mystery, Santa Klaus Mystery, and I'll have to come up with some others!
BrokenTune 3 years ago
I usually read Orient Express in Feb (coinciding with the setting in the book) and HP's Christmas at around Christmas. This one seems the perfect third for the winter theme, which is about to start (frost being forecast for next week). I'll read Halloween Party next weekend. :D
Abandoned by user 3 years ago
We should have a mini-festival! Maybe read The Nine Tailors as well. And you should totally read The Clock Strikes Twelve by Patricia Wentworth, b/c it's a New Year mystery.
BrokenTune 3 years ago
The Nine Tailors is a given! I LOVE that book.

I've already downloaded The Clock Strikes Twelve, too, after you reviewed it.

Remember how many of us seemed to have a Christmas/Winter reading list last year? I'm so doing this again this year. But making a mini-festival of it is just inspired!!!
Abandoned by user 3 years ago
What about Portrait of a Murderer by Anne Meredith?
Abandoned by user 3 years ago
Tigus, does she have any Christmas mysteries? I need to go look about.
Abandoned by user 3 years ago
Mystery in White, by J. Jefferson Farjeon.
3 years ago
For you UK BLikers, is there a pun here? I do love puns. "plumber friend (or even a plumber’s mate)" Other than perhaps the master plumber's journeyman or apprentice, isn't a plumber's mate also some sort of a tool? In the meantime, I do think that I might need to add more ACs to my listening library.
3 years ago
Thanks, BT. Yes, that is what I thought but slang on my side of the pond isn't necessarily slang on the other. Moreover, it is completely lost on me what good a plunger would do in the case of burst pipes? Buckets, yes. Plunger, not really. Still, it is a pun and I am over thinking it, aren't I?
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Somehow, I can see Dame Agatha being much more delighted at throwing in the plumber's friend / plumber's mate pun than fact-checking her use of plumbing equipment ... Can you see her work one of those tools? I really, really can't. Isn't that what a housekeeper/maid/charwoman/other staff are for? ;D
3 years ago