Lillelara 3 years ago
Excellent review, BT :). I´m so glad you liked this book.

Do you plan to watch the movie? The movie is pretty good as well, but it´s not a movie adaption that sticks closely to the plot of the novel.
BrokenTune 3 years ago
If it comes up on TV, I'll watch the movie, but I'm not going to seek it out (it's not on UK Netflix - I've checked).

The ending was very unnerving.

And Priest must have been a fan of watching The Fly in the 80s, too.
It's Priest. Enough said. Loved the review.
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Oh, are you a Priest fan? Are his other books of the same ilk/quality?
BrokenTune 3 years ago
It was the literariness of The Prestige that really impressed me. It made me want to read more by Priest. I'm glad to see that the literary element is also present in his other books.
3 years ago
I've owned this book for the longest time and still haven't read it. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it, though. That bodes well for me.
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Char, I would love to know what you make of it. I really, really liked it. I'm about as fond of SF as I "was" of horror as a genre before you introduced me to some really awesome books. But if there are SF books like this out there, then I want more of it!
Look no further: "Version Control" BT! As good as it gets!
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Ok, I'll have a look for it! :D
3 years ago
I checked out Version Control. Looks pretty good. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 3 years ago
I saw the movie a few years back before I realized it was also a book. It's such a sad movie, with a pretty disturbing ending. I don't know if I want to read the book, since I know what the ending is, a pretty unexpected twist, really...
BrokenTune 3 years ago
The book is pretty sad, too, because it becomes clear from the switch of POVs that the whole tragedy is based on both magicians making assumptions about the other. It was written so well, tho. I really wanted to shake both of them at times.