Excellent! Love the dino mug ...
Ani's Book Abyss 1 month ago
That is an awesome mug!
Murder by Death 1 month ago
That's looking Mexican enough for me - Yum!

I'm surprised and a bit sad that this is Wilde's epitaph. I mean, it's beautiful and fitting, but his humor was so, so wry and brilliant; it seems all the more tragic somehow that his tombstone is absent of his wit..
... which is probably why, even though uncorroborated, his alleged "famous last words" are getting so much more traction ... ("My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One of us will have to go.")
BrokenTune 1 month ago
Well, the epitaph wasn't chosen by Wilde either, and it isn't the original epitaph as this isn't the original grave stone. (The original headstone didn't have much of an epitaph on it from what I can tell in pictures.) He was moved into the tomb 14 years after his death. So, the quote was chosen by Robbie Ross, I guess.
... and no doubt heartfelt. I guess it's a function of the difference between what Wilde's friends saw (especially in the few remaining years after his release from prison) and what he is best remembered for, over a century later ...
Obsidian Blue 1 month ago
The food picture looks great!
The food looks scrumptious, as always but I'm kind of obsessed with your mug.
BrokenTune 1 month ago
The mug, I grant you, is rather cute. Not very practical, tho. The dino handle keeps trying to poke me in the eye.
Portable Mistletoe 1 month ago
I was just about to say the very same! How was the chili? As good as it looks?
BrokenTune 1 month ago
The chili was lovely. I don't like it too hot but on this occasion the combo of fresh green and dried red chillies really worked in this.
Portable Mistletoe 1 month ago
I've never seen the tortilla boats before. Do you eat them, or are they just functional?
BrokenTune 1 month ago
Oh, no, they're for eating. :D
Portable Mistletoe 1 month ago
That adds an extra element of fun!
Hahahaha, love the poem. You're the first one to go for all four tasks of this square -- double thumbs up for that as well!
BrokenTune 1 month ago
LoL, the altar one will need some thought...if I actually get around to it. But the poem one...it had to be tried.
Darth Pony 1 month ago
Nicely done! This fellow terrible poet salutes you! :D
BrokenTune 1 month ago
Thanks. XD
Murder by Death 1 month ago
This one too; I thought it was good! It's a fitting poem for James Bond. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 1 month ago
lol Very nice! You're braver than I. I'm skipping the poem altogether.
BrokenTune 1 month ago
If it weren't for the fun-loving and non-judgmental community here, I'd probably have skipped this, too.