Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
Bummer. I'm sorry this one isn't working out - especially since it's a dinosaur book. But can I just say I'm also a teensy bit relieved that for once I had NO part in the choosing of this book?

(Sorry, I'm having a shallow moment...)
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
I'm bummed about this book. I was really excited about this, which probably makes it doubly disappointing.

I had flashbacks to the Roach book with all the descriptions of people, but at least Roach kept it to the clothes.
It might be that the author is just not working for me but that others get much more out of this one, and I am very curious to see how everyone else likes this book.

I skim-skipped the rest of the book and from the end - and Brusatte 's fanboying over another scientist - I get the impression that I should read the other scientist's work.
Yup. I'm over the halfway mark and there are interesting bits in between, so I'll be finishing it (eventually). But it *is* turning out to be another disappointment for me, too.
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Have you come across the "bird chapter", yet?
Umm -- Audible informs me that I've finished chapter 5 and we're not yet in TRex territory. Still at the same 54% mark where I was when I posted my update (didn't have any time for reading or listening to books today, and while driving down to Frankfurt yesterday chose to take Miss Marple for company instead -- favorite from a "dead series" and all that) ... which roundabout answer may tell you that I think probably not, but I'm not actually sure. Which also tells you how much of this book I'm retaining even while listening to it.
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Retaining any information from this book definitely was an issue for me, too. Maybe I was just too annoyed with the author (entirely possible) or it may have been because he used the same chatty, imprecise tone when relating actual dino information, but I really have little idea of what the book tried to tell me.
All of the above, in my case.
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Well, once you come across the bird chapter, I'd love to know your thoughts on it. ;)
Tannat 3 weeks ago
Ugh.
Elentarri's Book Blog 2 weeks ago
Well, thanks for the warning and managing to read the book before me. ;) I probably won't bother with it then.