BrokenTune 2 years ago
Hi. Welcome to Booklikes. I hope you like here. :)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Well, you've joined during a fun time - there is a Festive Fun game in progress if you fancy.

Look out for posts by Themis Athena or Murder by Death to find out more:

Or check out http://booklikes.com/groups/show/688/booklikes-bookish-bingo-club

;)
Darth Pedant 2 years ago
I'm down to a box of green tea and a box of black tea and I find myself beset by tea envy. ;)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
But you still have tea, which is a relief.
Murder by Death 2 years ago
I'm actually growing a tea plant (Camellia sinensis). Now if I can only figure out what to do with the leaves to make my own tea...
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Hm. Sounds like a new research project. :)
In Portugal. because of our colonialism in Africa, Macau, and other countries, it was not nice to like tea, because "they" said having access to tea had its roots in colonialism.Colonialism is sadly the bitter pill of reality for a number of European countries. But maybe, a modern day dose of it might not be the worst thing to do right now. In fact, introspection might just be what the doctor ordered. I try, whenever possible, to avoid trusting other people to make my tea for me. They will get it wrong at every juncture.

I'm drinking a mug of tea right now before popping off to work. It's a rich, deep brown, Ji Gu Cha tea (we brought back something from Macau after all...), made loose, in a pot, no damn milk and certainly no bloody sugar. It brewed about four minutes. Heaven. Doing 20 minutes of Chi Kung afterwards.

I don't drink coffee at all.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Having access to the polio vaccine has its roots in questionable ethics, but we can still appreciate having it. I get what we're trying to say about colonialism being at the root of the tea trade but that sort of thinking would (in my mind) also need to be applied to other things and then what are we left with? I'm all for introspection but why should my introspection deprive a responsible tea farmer and responsible tea merchant of their livelihood when I really want to support their enterprise in creating a great tea?

That Ji Gu Cha sounds lovely. My current favourite is the Jin Jun Mei, which is also best without milk or sugar.
Murder by Death 2 years ago
I saw the Unravel Tea and thought it said "Unread Tea" ... which, if you're a tea-leaf reader, still works, actually, lol.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
LoL, it certainly would work.
Lillelara 2 years ago