Fingers crossed. I added several books by McInnes to my TBR immediately after I had finished this one. :)
BrokenTune 3 years ago
I'm hoping to do the same. I've already earmarked all of the ones that my library has. :)
Very thorough. :) I went for the Robert Renwick subseries (Prelude to Terror, Hidden Target, Cloak of Darkness) -- two of which I found in a bargain omnibus with "Agent in Place". I'm also interested in those of her novels that were made into movies (Assignment in Brittany, The Venetian Affair, The Salzburg Connection).
BrokenTune 3 years ago
That's an excellent list. :)
That's good to hear about "Agent in Place"!
BrokenTune 3 years ago
It really is. That one is on my list, too.
Abandoned by user 3 years ago
I have read most of her work. The Salzburg Connection is another favorite of mine, and is one of her strongest stories, I think. I have found all of them worth reading, although some are better than others, and, IIRC, North from Rome had some pacing issues. I still have Robert Renwick on my list, so when you guys get to those - buddy read?

She also wrote a couple of non-espionage books that are far outside of her usual fare. Rest and Be Thankful is an odd sort of romance set in a western ranch, in which the publishing literati doesn't come off looking so great, and Friends and Lovers is almost a YA romance that is very sweet, with a pair of really delightful young characters: Penny, the daughter of a staid, upper class Edinburgh lawyer and his socially conscious wife, who falls in love with David, brilliant but lower class, poor Oxford student.
I'll happily buddy read any and all of the above -- provided we don't schedule them in the immediate future (RL is keeping me kind of busy at the moment). But I definitely want to read more of McInnes. And yey for The Salzburg Connection ... good news again!
Abandoned by user 3 years ago
Definitely sometime in the future!
BrokenTune 3 years ago
A BR sounds fun!

Also, "Rest and Be Thankful" is set on a western ranch? LoL. That's going to mess with my head.
Abandoned by user 3 years ago
It's a very strange book. No espionage at all.