We *all* seem to be reading this all of a sudden. :) I just started it as well.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
:) It seemed like the perfect antidote to Savage Summit. Well, either this one or a Wodehouse comedy.
An unplanned buddy read! Love it.

That is, MR and I had discussed tagging along with Lillelara, so on that level it's not quite unplanned. And I guess we've all seen Tigus's response to the book. Still! :) The Agathytes strike again ... and this time, without nary any prearrangement at all!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
LoL. The Agathytes strike again, indeed. And again, I was also motivated by Tigus' review. :D

I will probably finish this on the next hour, but I will hold off writing anything about it. It has been fun.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Oh, I wish she had written more, but I'm equally glad she devoted her time to her day job. ;)
What a fascinating book - not the best mystery - but the details in this one that are (or seem to be) in line with the author's own take are absolutely worth the book.
I'm just so keen to see the solution now. :)
Hmmm ...! Intriguing! :)

And I find it fascinating that, ardently and even flamoyantly Labour herself, she chose a Conservative politician as her (amateur) detective.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
@TA: Ahem. LoL. I have theory about that. Hehe. You'll probably see.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
@Tigus: But in a way she did do just that. :) I mean, look back and seek out who found the major clue at the end.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
not just any woman...
Wow. NOW I am *really* intrigued!!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
The mystery is average, but the construction of it, imo, is ... fascinating. :D
Okay ...!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I can't wait for you, Lillelara, and MR to read this. :)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Absolutely. Yes to all of the things you mention, Tigus. In Below the Clock, I loved the atmosphere and the puzzle and the setting. In this one, the aspects I liked were entirely different. This one excelled more in the relationship building and portrayals as well as the issues that make it "the more important read" for 2019. I wanted to share updates with quotes that were particularly poignant after the EU elections yesterday, but refrained.
@Tigus: Inquiring minds *do* want to know, don't they? Gah, I added that book to the BL database two years ago, and I'll never forget the amout of trouble I had even finding decent bibliographical data, not to mention a useable cover image, for *one* edition at least!