Lillelara 2 years ago
I hope that Annapurna turns out to be good :).

And your spreadsheet looks so neat. Do you mind if I copy the layout of it?
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Copy away!

I hope that Annapurna is good, but if not, I have no qualms about DNFing it. :D
Lillelara 2 years ago
Thanks :D. The only thing I have to do now is to find out how to actually do it. LoL.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I cheat! I create an actual spreadsheet (using Google sheets, but any other program should work the same), then select the cells I want to copy, then copy and paste them into the post.
The formatting doesn't travel, but I don't mind.
Lillelara 2 years ago
I´m already trying to figure something out. I like puzzling with stuff like that, tbh. That´s were my geeky side comes out. But when push comes to shove, I will copy and paste as well ;)
Lillelara 2 years ago
Yep, what I tried didn´t work. Copy and Past it is ;D
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Ah, well. At least, you have other options. Does C&P work for you?
Lillelara 2 years ago
No, it didn´t. Then I tried making a screenshot and uploaded it as a picture. That works, so I will be sticking to that option.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
It didn't work? How odd. :(
@Lillelara: Copy & paste works with Excel and MS Paint (or Paint.net) -- i.e., if you create your spreadsheet as an Excel document, you can copy the section you need straigiht off Excel, paste it into a new MS Paint or Paint.net image screen, and save it as a jpg ... then upload to BookLikes.
Lillelara 2 years ago
I did it, TA :D. You can actually copy your Excel document as a picture. The only thing I have to do then is to crop it down to the size of the actual table. It´s so easy, it quite ridiculous that I tried such a roundabout way to achieve my goal.
Hooray! :)

And yes -- I adjust my table images as well, but I make them larger (because BL's standard maximum width of 540px just doesn't work for me) and then just reduce the margin on the left side a bit to compensate.
TeaStitchRead 2 years ago
Ohhh, you have a Hochschild on the list! I want to read everything of his.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I do! I have been meaning to read one of his for ages. So, he comes recommended, then?
Person Of Interest 2 years ago
@BT: I've also got King Leopold's Ghost buried deep in my TBR pile. :)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I really want to read it, but it will probably take me a while, so it's probably not a great choice for the purposes of the game. (Not because it's a long read but because I would need breaks from the book.)
TeaStitchRead 2 years ago
That is on my physical shelf. My intro to Hochschid was To End All Wars.
Never read anything by him, but "King Leopolds Ghost" is on my TBR as well. (Perhaps predictably so.)