Yes, yes, and yes! :)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Aaargh, do I have to go to work tomorrow? I mean really? I may have to find a way to fit some reading in between meetings...
Elentarri's Book Blog 2 years ago
I gave up on the audiobook (too slow and you can't re-read passages) and got the paperback.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I really like the pacing of the audiobook for this one but everyone has their own preferences, of course. And one of the joys of the rise of audiobooks for me is that you can change the speed on a number of formats (just not on conventional cds).
Oh, and I definitely prefer to have a text version on the side...whether ebook or paper version.
Elentarri's Book Blog 2 years ago
This audiobook wasn't bad - I actually enjoyed it. But I wanted to know what happens next and I can sneak in a book. It's rather obvious if you have your ears plugged.
Isn't it great if books do this to us?
BrokenTune 2 years ago
It is. It really is. Obviously, I'm solely fuelled by caffeine this morning...
Caffeine and a good book -- what more does anybody even need for sustenance? :)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I have just pilfered the last of the office cupcakes. ;)
The dot on the "i". Very well justified pilfering!
Hol 2 years ago
Does this have any mystery, thriller or suspense elements? I'm thinking for bingo.
Supernatural, Monsters, Cryptozoologist, Witches -- do you have any of those squares? It would definitely work for those, and probably a few more, too.

Also since you're in Northern Ireland, for you it would work for "International Woman of Mystery" (which is a subsection of "Diverse Authors", which in turn includes all authors who write books that fit at least one of the bingo squares / categories -- "international" is any author not living in your own country). Madeline Miller is American.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I'm reading it for the Bingo! It definitely has the "supernatural" element. And as it is about Greek myths, there is plenty of bloodshed, murder, madness, and other thrilling elements...and well, there is some suspense in the way that we are led along the story to find out what happens to Circe in her banishment (she was banished after committing a crime against another goddess...).
BrokenTune 2 years ago
LoL. TA, I think we have now covered most angles to support this as a definite bingo read.
Heh. True. :)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
@Hol - Looking at your card, this would definitely qualify for:

Free Square
International Woman of Mystery
Grimm Tale
Supernatural

Hol 2 years ago
@Themis Thanks for your help, too.
Hol 2 years ago
Okay, BT. Brilliant. Thank you so much.