It's got tortillas and avocado / guacamole ... that's two of the key ingredients! And the orange margarita recipe sounds delicious ...

Plus, you even found the right kind of plate!
Btw, don't forget to report your completed tasks using the new form ...!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Nope. Not forgetting. I'll add them once I complete a few more of this task.
OK -- just making sure.
Portable Magic 2 years ago
That meal looks fantastic and certainly better than anything I'd be able to make for myself. RE: the margarita, one of my favorites to order in a restaurant (besides a swirly margarita) is a regular margarita on the rocks, no salt, with shot of Grand Marnier on top. So I don't see anything off on using that instead of cointreau. Orange juice instead of lime seems a little bolder, though. Sounds a little... breakfasty.

I do remember your original post on the Faulkner book, so this seems like a good choice for the epitaph.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
There is nothing wrong with a breakfasty margarita. ;) I do like margaritas in all shapes but making sour mix is a bit of a nuisance so I would not make that at home. I like the Gran Marnier addition. It's a little deeper in flavour than the Cointreau, so I can totally see this working in your recipe. :)

As for the Faulkner....eww. It was a horrible book.
Portable Magic 2 years ago
My homemade margaritas don't even bother with the sour mix. I just combine frozen limeade, tequila, and cointreau with some ice in a blender. It's really very tasty!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Frozen limeade... You're a genius!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I do like the combination of tequila and oj, so orange margaritas are my usual go to when in the mood for tequila.
Portable Magic 2 years ago
Secret family recipe, handed down to me as a college graduation gift along with a set of margarita glasses and a new blender ;)
Portable Magic 2 years ago
I think I'll have to try to OJ some time. It's intriguing.
Oooh -- you added an epitaph! (Or did I miss it before?) Love it! Short and sweet ...
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I think I added it later, then forgot to repost. But yeah, the Faulkner...I was torn between "at last" and "not a minute too soon" but liked the "at last" better. It's short. No point in wasting extra words on this book.
Hah. No. And it really does strike the perfect note.