Commiserations on the work situation and the "no wine" thing (though you never know what it's good for that you might be spared watching the whole thing unfold live on TV) ...

... meanwhile, however, congrats on the recompense courtesy of Mary Kelly.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Oh, but I won't be spared watching the results unfold. The call will probably be around the same time...which means I'll be sober AND will have to keep from swearing...
Tough luck indeed ... :(
That sucks. My job is slowly leaking my life away. I barely have time to do anything but come home and sleep it feels like.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I'm sorry to hear it, OB.

With the call tonight, I wouldn't mind if it had been another day. It doesn't happen that often, or when it does it is planned better...but this is a very short notice call, which I wouldn't mind usually that much either. It's just that I don't think it's going to be a good night for sobriety.
Well hopefully Saturday is more peaceful for you.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I hope your Saturday is awesome, too.
Thanks it should be. Working out, getting my Christmas tree, finishing up decorating, reading books, and vegging. I will do some cooking too. That's about it.
That sounds heavenly!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I am really sorry, Tigus. I had planned to show solidarity and have the same ridiculous edition, but the universe had other plans. :(
2 years ago
Sorry about the wine, BT! I feel like OB and as of Monday, I'm on my fourth boss just this year!
Perhaps I could be convinced to drink a glass of wine for you?
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I'm sorry to hear that, Char. I think, given the circumstances, it would be immensely helpful if you were to have a glass of wine for me.
2 years ago
I'm SO glad that you're in agreement! ;)
Good luck tonight, my friend.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Char, I just saw the exit polls. You may need to finish the bottle for me. :(
Hol 2 years ago
I'm devastated by the results. More tory austerity and much of the same. I really hope we get a united Ireland and I can wave middle englanders all goodbye.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Same here. Devastated. Gutted. Scunnered.

Statistically, more people seemed to have voted against the Tories than for them but this makes no difference with the voting system.
Apart from the idea of having another Tory government, f888ing Brexit, and not even a hint of an opposition, I'm also gutted by the prospect of more populism in order to fuel the inevitable independence movements that are to follow. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the movements. However, I am sick and tired of populism, finger-pointing, lying, and most of all the lack of meaningful debate and factual arguments. Even if in the course of the election campaign (and over the last 3 years) the SNP up here has been the most fact-based, level-minded, restrained movement, I fear the current state will lead to a lot more polarisation.

Gutted. That's pretty much it. What a disaster.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
The upshot of hope around here is that some of the Con holds were won by either SNP or Lib Dems, and it was good to see that some Con strongholds are marginal...and would have flipped if not for Labour and Lib Dem voters. This is not a criticism of Labour or Lib Dem voters but it does show me that not all of the population are in support of the Tories. Unfortunately, that does not change the overall result.
It doesn't. I was fortunately too busy last night to even have time to watch it all unfold on TV and I frankly haven't even had the heart yet to look at individual constituencies, but what I've seen between last night's exit polls and this morning's news pretty much makes me lose heart all across the board.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I wouldn't bother catching up on the results. It's a sea of blue across England.
I know, I gathered this much from the news -- which is why I haven't even looked at individual constituencies yet. Black Friday all around.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I have been writing very crabby emails all day. Had the door closed. And Irn Bru on the go. Luckily, no one in the office has tried to even mention the election so far.
I don't blame you.
Hol 2 years ago
With you on everything you said, BT. Hope you read something really good to take your mind off it. I can't think very well, to be honest. I'm so worried the tories will go after the disabled (e.g. me). I just hope they don't make my life any worse.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
It's exactly that concern that's been at the heart of my and a lot of my friends' votes, too. I really hope the fears we all have around this don't come to any sort reality. Tho, obviously the are a reality for a lot of people already, and I am just gutted that the majority of voters seem to lack either the awareness or the compassion to do anything about it.

What's the feeling in NI with respect to a unified Ireland? I saw the DUP lost 2 seats but still have 8.
2 years ago
I sure hope this doesn't indicate how our election will go next November.