Lillelara 2 years ago
I´m glad that you have found a book that is keeping you entertained throughout the day :).

I´ve read the first book a couple of years ago and I never got back to this series. You really inspire me to do so.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I picked up Messner's book a few times, but set it down every time in favour of Lady Trent today.

The first book in this series was not great, but the books improve massively from there on. The Voyage of the Basilisk was very good and this one is, too.
Lillelara 2 years ago
I´m not blaming you, BT :). I picked up The Count in the afternoon and now I´m hooked on that one. It will probably take me some time to finish the Messner book, especially since I don´t have a whole lot of time to read next week.
Plus, I received Hallie Rubenholds The Five in the mail today and I desperately want to read this book. But I will restrain myself, I have to finish Messner first.

I´m not sure if I should reread the first Lady Trent book or not, it´s been such a long time. But then, I think I remember the major plot points. I have to think about this.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
I'll read on with Messner after I finish Labyrinth of Drakes but I can't read more than a couple of chapters at a time...they all blend into one after a while.

I'm excited about The Five. I hear good things about it and hope it will live up to hype.

As for Natural History of Dragons... Don't re-read the first book. Jump to the second book. It's much better ... Or read the end of book 1, just to re-acquaint yourself where the story left off.
Lillelara 2 years ago
They have the Lady Trent audiobooks on Scribd. You know what, I might just reread this first one on audio (which actually is my favorite kind of rereading).

The Five is definitely a book, which is right up my alley, so I have high hopes as well. And I´m not too afraid of the hype, because this is non-fiction and I trust the hype train more when it comes to this genre - and when it is a subject matter I´m interested in.
I learned the hard way that popular science books aren´t my thing, so I would be very weary if one of those books would be a hyped one.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Excellent! The audiobooks are good, too!

Reading All Night 2 years ago
Have been meaning to read this series forever. Have really liked the covers for all of them.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Read the first one and move straight on to the second. The first one is weak.