Looking good!
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Thanks. I'm having fun with the project, too. :)
So it seems ... :)
Lillelara 1 year ago
Uhmmm ... I just ordered a used copy of "Possessions". Just saying.

Glad that you had some many favorites in one month.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Haha. It is an interesting book but the less said about it, the better. I laughed out loud at the end. Miss Pym had a similar effect. :D
Lillelara 1 year ago
I´ve only read Brat Farrar and The Daughter of Time so far, so I still have a lot of Tey´s books to explore. Maybe I will pick up one of her books in March. I think I have The Franchise Affair and The Man in the Queue on my shelf.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Cool. The Man in the Queue is ... not the usual GA mystery, and is even different from the other Grant books. I really like it, because ... reasons... but it's another one where knowing that it is not representative of the rest of the series may help.
Portable Magic 1 year ago
You're making great progress! This is a really interesting way to attack the TBR. I guess pulling a random sample and committing to just getting that read as a short term goal makes it feel less overwhelming.

Congrats on progressing to Ruthless DNF'er of Bad Books. I used to feel guilty about DNF'ing, but have since decided that the book ought to feel guilty for not entertaining me, instead, and decided I'd be resentful of the author for wasting my precious reading time.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Re the random sample - Yes, it does. If I added all of my unread physical books at once, I'd never reduce it. Even the thought of it would just make me throw up my hands... Ironically, tho, the books on those two shelves actually are the bulk of my unread physical books. It's all "headology" as Granny Weatherwax might say.
It seems to be going well so far this year!
BrokenTune 1 year ago
It is. :) The ruthlessly DNFing books I don't enjoy is paying off, too.
I have clawed my way back to Pages Read/Pages Bought = 1.93. The next book I finish will take me back above the target of 2.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
WooHoo! That sounds excellent! Which book is your next?
Either Just So stories or The Art Book.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Lovely!
I might finish The Art Book tonight.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
That sounds promising. :)
...yep, that's a mammoth volume completed!
I'm going to miss your "shoutout / checking in with" posts for individual artists.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Yup. Those have been fun.
I have finished the book but I plan at least two more shout-outs before the review!
Excellent -- going out in style!