SilverThistle 1 year ago
I just dnf'd my last book too. You gave yours a bit more time than I was willing to for my book. I got about 6 chapters in which equates about 23 pages. I'm stuck in the house with nothing but time on my hands and yet now more than ever I find I just don't have the patience to waste on crap books.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Could it be that this is because crap books make time go by even slower?
The only reason I gave my book so much more page-time is because I had the audiobook and listened to it while working from home. I coudn't be bothered switching it off.
SilverThistle 1 year ago
Yeah, I keep thinking that with all the uncertainty at the moment that life is fleeting and would I want this to be the last book I ever read.....nope.
Similarly, I hate cleaning the toilet because if this was my last day, would I want to look back and think that I spent my last day cleaning the loo :/
SilverThistle 1 year ago
I do actually clean my loo regularly though, lol. I just make sure I do something fun and happy straight after....just in case :)
BrokenTune 1 year ago
LOL.
Tannat 1 year ago
Ouch.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Yeah, ... this was not great. I've also just removed another one of her books from my physical shelves. I've had a peek on some reviews over on GR for it, and I can definitely see that I would DNF that book, too.
Murder by Death 1 year ago
Bummer that you didn't like it; but while I did really like this book, I'm not sure I would have liked it at all in audio. Not that I'm suggesting that's why you didn't like it, just that when I imagine listening to it, I have an immediately negative reaction (for some reason).

Next!
BrokenTune 1 year ago
I don't know. I think the book tried too hard to do too many things. And one of the backstories felt to me like it was being used purely as a gimmick, and that didn't feel ok to me.