BrokenTune 3 years ago
Thanks! :D
Very ambitious project. Happy reading!
Moonlight Madness 3 years ago
I'll be embarking on Miss Marple in 2016. I also have the two remaining Inspector Battle books on my kindle, and may read them over the holidays (The Seven Dials Mystery & Murder is Easy. I've read The Secret of Chimneys, The Big Four, and listened to Towards Zero). Aside from The Big Four, which I thought was abysmal, I've liked all of the Inspector Battle mysteries!

Depending on how things go, I may take on Tommy & Tuppence next year, too!
BrokenTune 3 years ago
The Big Four was horrendous and I am currently debating options for leaving it out of the re-read.

I'm glad to read you're continuing your Christie read next year, reading your and OB's updates is a lot of fun.
BradyBooks 3 years ago
I just read "Evil Under The Sun". I found it for 25 cents at the pool and could not resist. My first Agatha book( I think..at least I don't remember previously reading any others). I can send it to you... if you would like me too...just say the word.
I'm looking forward to reading more by her--I like her formula and twists.
I think I've asked you before...but what is your favorite by her so far?
Moonlight Madness 3 years ago
Not to be a buttinski (and here I will proceed to butt in), but Obsidian Blue & I just finished a Poirot project and posted our respective favorites in a joint post on her blog:

In case you are looking for additional opinions!
BradyBooks 3 years ago
Thank you!!! I am interested so I'm glad you replied. :)
BradyBooks 3 years ago
Also, now once I think about I might have read.."And Then There was None" a long time ago. It hit me when I reread the list. My memory is so bad--it is starting to scare me!:)
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
Awesome list! As I'm planning on reading all of Agatha's books, I will join in for some reads. Let me know if you are interested! :)
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Absolutely! Sounds lovely!
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
Great :) let me know (and I'll let you know too) when the next agatha-read is about to begin!
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Will do! I'll read the Wimsey book (#3) first but would look for another Christie after that. Are you reading Endless Night first? What are the next ones on your list?
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
I could read Endless Night until you finish your book - and then I dunno yet..maybe poirot investigates..? On one hand, I was thinking of just picking them according to my mood on the other hand, I do want to read them all, so perhaps read the poirot at least in order.Oh and I do have one of Miss Maple's stories on hold for two/three months.

How about you?
BrokenTune 3 years ago
I do have a few of them handy:
The Secret Adversary
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Sad Cypress
The Hound of Death
The Hollow
Towards Zero
A Murder is Announced
Cat Among the Pigeons

The others I could easily get from the library.

So, I'll leave it up to you! :)

I need to update this list tho as I read a few more over the Christmas holidays.
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
Okay I'll go over them and let you know! :)
Great list. And I love that you're not only mentioning the main detective but also the books' other main characters.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Thanks. I conveniently stole the list from somewhere, probably Wiki, but I also liked how it lists the other characters.
Moonlight Madness 1 year ago
You are past the midpoint! What's next?
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Preferably a good one! I need to get The BIg Four out my head. :D I am thinking about Taken at the Flood or Evil Under the Sun. I love EUTS.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
What's next for you?
Moonlight Madness 1 year ago
Taken at the Flood has a terrible ending - it's fine up to the epilogue and then ugh. Have you read it? Evil Under the Sun is a good read, though!

Not sure what is next for me! I finished The Eyre Affair and will finish The Last Detective so I can roll again.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
I've not read Taken at the Flood, so this will be a new one.

So how did you like the Next book? Are you joining our small club of Pickwick aficionados?

I'm just finishing up my new roll post, but I will need to postpone some of my book choices because there is too much choice!
Moonlight Madness 1 year ago
I really liked it a lot! I definitely plan to read on. The world is so rich that it was a little bit overwhelming!
Bücher unter dem Mond 12 months ago
Omg that list is so cool :) my boyfriend made a list with books me, him and his dad read of agatha christie lol. Im glad she wrote so many so we have a lot to read till the end of our lives hahahahaha