I think my copy is the tombstone one...lol.
BrokenTune 7 years ago
Hilarious! Thank you! Mine was the Wordsworth edition but I wish I had opted for the Pulp one.
When I buy a book that has many different editions available, I always look at the print size. My eyes are shit anymore...lol. I have, many times, opted for the ugly book because of font type and how WHITE the pages are. sorry for cap letter, I am waiting on a new key for keyboard and I randomly capitalize while typing.
BradyBooks 7 years ago
I'm not sure what this says about me... But I love and am completely drawn to the moody women covers:).
I like the moody gals too, but they really should be wearing hats. Their ears will be freezing.
Yes, but they wouldn't be looking so enticingly gothic then. :)
BrokenTune 7 years ago
Amazing, tho, how all of them seem to have shawls but not use them.
Mighty flimsy shawls for the climate, too ...
Yes, I think North Face could come up with a new range of Gortex shawls. "You stay warm while looking cool".
Or "Staying warm while looking hot in a cool climate"?
Abandoned by user 7 years ago
You missed my Wuthering Heights - which is a B&N classics edition, as well as the ugly as sin Norton Critical Edition!

Also, I love the word gormless, although it is such a British word, I don't even know what "gorm" is, much less how one can not have it. Also, is there such a thing as gormful? Or is this like ruthless, which doesn't really have a corresponding opposite of ruthful.
I have a copy of the first one shown, it's not my favorites. I like the third on to the right with the cold dank tress blowing
Krazykiwi @ Kiwitopia 7 years ago
This was a lot of fun :) I like the first batch the best, by far, makes Yorkshire look proper moody like it is in the book.

Now I have to go listen to the song, look off into the distance and wave my arms about. Wonder what the cats will make of that (I suspect my daughter will just think it's normal)
RedT Reads Randomly 7 years ago
Love your commentary. Thanks.
Count me in for the first batch as well. The Caspar David Friedrich cover used by Penguin (second batch, bottom center) just *might* work for me if it weren't so goddamn obviously an Alpine setting -- and if it weren't so terribly overused. Love the fourth batch; they're so bad they're hilarious ... and love your commentary!
Reflections 7 years ago
Mardy?
Mardy = dialect word meaning sulky or moody.
Reflections 7 years ago