Debbie's Spurts 6 months ago
Did they cancel publication for Lake Silence?
I thought Lake Silence was going to be set in the same universe but with different characters.
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 6 months ago

You're correct. If Lake Silence comes out, I'd consider it part of The Others in general, but you're correct in that Etched in Bone is the last in Meg's story. It sounds like Meg, or some of the others in this series, could potentially make an appearance. If I remember correctly, Bishop loved doing that in Black Jewels: it wasn't about Janealle but she showed up /everywhere./

That being said, Bishop has had a tendency to dote on her super powerful characters in the past. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Meg showed up. Then again, i think Bishop's also sharpened her skills, as I believe most writers do, particularly full time writers who have more time to dedicate to their craft. I wouldn't be surprised if she's shelved said tendencies - something people complained about as it seemed as if J. and her crew party crashed books so long as they were alive at the time - and took the focus off other characters, the lead characters of said books. At a certain point, the readers wanted to read about the leads, and let them shine. (Which is why I think not inserting Meg into the further books could be considered sharpening of skills as it would show a focus on the new characters, and allowing Bishop to fully develop them instead of putting in a semi-strained to strained appearances by the main characters from these books.)

I really, really, really need to catch up on this series. Read the first, loved it, and then kinda dropped the ball. I'm thinking of just splurging and buying them all, either in paperback and waiting for the ones in hardcover to come out, or as e-books.

Murder by Death 6 months ago
I had pretty much decided I was done after Etched in Bone because I didn't really want to leave Lakeside, but now I've read the snippets of Lake Silence that were in that article you linked to Grim, and I have to read the next one. :P
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 6 months ago
Success?
Murder by Death 6 months ago
Yes, if I don't look too closely at my existing TBR. ;-)
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 6 months ago
Well, I promised not to buy more books on Comixology, and just bought a three book series about an Emperor who's consciousness is put into a robot.
Murder by Death 6 months ago
No sense trying to quit cold turkey? Does that rationalisation fly? :)
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 6 months ago
I think my thought process was more 'robots!!!!' and then 'well, it's two dollars a piece instead of six each,' became half my rationalization. The other was robots.
Murder by Death 6 months ago
That works! :) Follow your bliss, I say!
Blood Rose Books 6 months ago
This one was not my favourite book in the series, I think that Bishop could have ended it with the previous book Marked in Flesh. That said I an interested in Lake Silence to see where she takes this world to a different area.