Abandoned by user 2 years ago
Hello, new friend! I see you've been on BL for a while, but started back up again recently! It's great to have you as part of the community. :)
Buried In Print 2 years ago
Thanks for the follow, the comment and the warm hello! When I joined, there wasn't quite so much activity here, but the community has grown a lot and I hope to shift my habits so that I am more present here as well. Thanks for the encouragement, and good luck with your Christie reading!
2 years ago
Looks like you have a great plan for the month!
Buried In Print 2 years ago
Looks like we're just coming out of your favourite reading season! My partner and I aim for a 31-spooky-things-to-watch every year; this year we made it to 22, one of our best attempts!
2 years ago
That's awesome! These days I am more of a fan of horror in books than in movies, but I still watch a good scary movie now and then. This year we binged on Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House, which was a tasty treat for the season. :)
I look forward to hearing more about your reading!
Buried In Print 2 years ago
My only spooky read for this year is Wilkie Collins' The Moonstone, which I'm still reading (but it was originally serialized so I don't mind that it seems to be taking me a long time). The first episode of Hill House was one of the things we watched (we don't count doubles, so ended up sampling a lot of other shows or just counting a single episode - but we liked that one and will return to finish it eventually). We also like funny-scary as much as scary-scary (maybe more, actually), so there are a lot of campy classics in there too.
2 years ago
I've enjoyed a few Wilkie Collins stories, The Moonstone being one of them. I hope you enjoy it too.
I read all different genres, it's just that horror and dark fiction are my favorites.