Cat's Books: Romance 10 years ago
At least it was free, I hope. lol
Cassie 10 years ago
Haha, yes thank goodness it was free. :D At least I didn't waste my money on it and only a little bit of my time.
Tackling Mt. TBR 10 years ago
What a disappointment! This one was actually recommended to me, but the cover made me hesitate so I didn't pick it up until it was free.
Cat's Books: Romance 10 years ago
The series starts super rough but the writing and plots get way better as they go along.
Cassie 10 years ago
Hmm...well then maybe I'll try one of her later books. I think the heroine's stupidity made me quit. The hero was acting really erratic but she just goes home with him like it's nothing. Which one was you're favorite? Maybe I'll give that one a shot. If I don't like it, I'll just chalk it up to this author isn't for me. =)
Bark at the Ghouls 10 years ago
Beautiful review :) I'd better check and make sure it's not on my reader.
Cassie 10 years ago
Haha, thanks. =) I even skipped and the read the last couple of chapters to see if I could get any enthusiasm about the book. All it made me do was dislike the hero more with his double standards. Spoiler: he makes her stay away from her ex but he takes a trip to see his ex to offer her a job without telling the heroine.This one was a bit rough but I'll try one of authors later books to see if she gets better.
Cat's Books: Romance 10 years ago
There are plenty of books in the world. I just try to support new and indie writers as much as I can but I read a ton so can afford to have horrors from time to time. Ever dropped a full glass mayo jar on the sidewalk? I think when she looks back on this book to clean it up years later, it will be like that...where to even begin. lol But I must have seen promise so I tried her again. I disliked Fight with Me more than this one. I liked Play with Me and Rock With Me.
Cassie 10 years ago
Yes, there is. I don't always have time but I still seem to sneak in reading plenty of books. Maybe a little bit detrimental to my sleep though. =) Yeah, this was just... well, it really wasn't a bad idea but just didn't pan out for me. I like to give an author a fair shot so I don't mind trying to read one of her other books to see if she has improved. I have read plenty of first in series that I didn't necessarily like but read one book later in the series or a book from another series the author wrote and have enjoyed them. Romances are even more like that for me because characters change throughout the series and I could dislike the characters which will sour my opinion of the book. Doesn't mean I won't like the next one in the series though.