Tannat 7 years ago
I haven't read your spoiler tag yet, but I have to say that your equation had me smile. Something similar happened to me last night, but rather than read the last few chapters of A Bloody Field I switched back to Venetia (fortunately Venetia made me sleepy). I don't actually like finishing a book at 2 am. There's something strangely unsatisfying about it.
Darth Pedant 7 years ago
Yeah, insomnia and I are no strangers to each other. I think what irks me most about finishing a book at 2 am is I can't talk to anyone about it without waking anyone up. To post this update last night I fretfully tiptoed to the computer and tried to type as quietly as possible (my keyboard is of the clacky variety). ;)
Tannat 7 years ago
For me it wasn't so much insomnia as I just wasn't sleepy until 2 am. I think part of the unsatisfied feeling for me is that my mind wants to think about the book still when I should be sleeping...and if I'm still not tired enough, I'm faced with reading a few pages from a brand new book (before having time to think about the last).
Darth Pedant 7 years ago
Oh yes, I hate that too. I still wasn't sleepy when I went back to bed, but I didn't want to start a new book for exactly the same reason.
Murder by Death 7 years ago
I finished last night too because I couldn't get to sleep (not insomnia so much as meds going wonky); I had to start another book though, because it was another hour before I even started to feel tired.
Darth Pedant 7 years ago
Blarg. Did anyone sleep last night? XD
Tannat 7 years ago
Well I did sleep by 2 and the cat even let me sleep in until 8 (at which point I woke up on my own, thinking it was more like 6 because I hadn't been subjected to a series of "mreh mraow mraowOWow mraow mreh" for a couple hours).
I was asleep by 4. Maybe we did all have insomnia...
Darth Pedant 7 years ago
I think it's the 2011 Kindle Touch. I've had it long enough that I had a heck of a time finding a decent cover for it when my original one finally fell apart earlier this year.