Mike Finn 3 years ago
Imagine if this series had been written from Leslie's point of view. How would she have described Peter or Nightingale?
Darth Pedant 3 years ago
MIKE! I was literally JUST THINKING THIS. I would LOVE to know what she thinks of them and being thrust into the world of magic in a horribly violent way. And now I'm dying for at least a novella from her POV.
Mike Finn 3 years ago
Well Aaronvich is on Twitter. Pitch it to him. Maybe just as one of the stories in the graphic novel series.?
Darth Pedant 3 years ago
If that's still something I want when I've finished reading the books that are out, I will consider signing up for a Twitter account just to pester Aaronovich. And by "pester" I mean "timidly make a suggestion and then die* of social anxiety before he has a chance to answer".

*slight hyperbole
Murder by Death 3 years ago
Your spoiler rant is why I stopped reading the series. I just couldn't bring myself to go through the predictable angst arc involved; no matter how it plays out, the whole betrayal thing is not my jam.
Darth Pedant 3 years ago
I don't blame you. Multiple people have told me this series gets better re: quality female rep, but I'm not seeing it yet. 4.3 books in and Peter still perceives all the principle female characters as some variation of "bitches be crazy" and that includes the women he likes. It doesn't exactly help endear Peter to me. As per my conversation with Mike above, I've been wondering how different this series would be from Lesley's POV. (Though, honestly, I'm not sure I trust Aaronovich with writing a female perspective at this point.)

Anywho, I'm still enjoying myself for the most part, so I'll read through the books I own and then assess if I want to keep going.