Princess Eva Rose 3 years ago
I hated on it. No amount of dick is ever going to cure this girls terminal case of stupidity.
Great Imaginations 3 years ago
THANKKKKK you! OMG. I tried to have as much patience as I could but ENOUGH.
Princess Eva Rose 3 years ago
I hate how this book and every other NA book out there equates virgin=dumb and that this girls need a man's dick to grow a brain.
Great Imaginations 3 years ago
Oh god, yes.
I think in much of the NA books I've ended up reading, I've learned to take high ratings with a heavy grain of salt (or tablespoon of sugar).

This is one I've heard of, but thankfully avoided. I can't stand stupid protagonists.
Great Imaginations 3 years ago
Ughhh yeah. But some of my friends actually rated this one highly so I thought it would be different. Not so.
YA sucks. NA sucks. The whole genre was designed to suck. At least that's my impression.
Great Imaginations 3 years ago
LOL I love YA. I mostly review YA. But I have a different opinion about NA. At least the ones thatI have read.
It's very hard to find a good YA. Though I admit that with YA I'm more forgiving. When you write about whiny, self-absorbed, overly dramatic teenagers it's actually believable. It's funny that you can write something about undying high-school luv and it actually reflects teen mindset. So yeah. Definitely better than NA, where I wouldn't be so forgiving. Still, horrible writing, one dimensional characters and overusing tropes will make me go berserk over a book.
Lyndi 3 years ago
NA seems to be nonstop denial. "He doesn't love me / A relationship would never work / I'll never heal emotionally / He's just saying that and doesn't mean it / I'm a strong, independent woman / I'm not in any danger" blah blah blaaaah... I hate it.
Great Imaginations 3 years ago
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I was fine with the story here until it turned into a soap opera. There is only so long I can deal with repetition. This girl was STUPID. Any normal human would have realized their feelings at that point.
The Book Lantern 3 years ago
So many YA authors are writing NA romance now, and all their plots sound the same. It's tiring and dull to me.
Great Imaginations 3 years ago
I took a chance on this one because I enjoyed Uninvited, her most recent YA book. But this was just...UGH. Infuriating and frustrating all rolled into one.