Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
That would explain it. Usually I just roll my eyes when I get these comments, but the fact that an author had the audacity to leave a remark like that has me seething. I might link it on GR in a status update (though knowing them they'll probably remove it anyway).
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
And she's continuing on arguing. I'm wondering if I should even respond a part of me does because I am so freaking angry right now. But I mean, what's the use? She's obviously a BBA.
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
I second what Shelby said, here have been a lot of incidents lately.
.. and honestly there was nothing wrong with the damn review. Either they cannot read or they are just being the trolls they are and taking their misery out on other people

Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
Apparently the word "shitty" is bad. Rolls eyes. I responded, just to see how big of a hole she digs herself into. But I am so close to hitting that blocked button right now it isn't even funny.
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
Block her. People like that aren't worth the trouble they cause.
My oh my, all the drama... Why do people insist on telling what kind of opinions are 'right' and what not? Pff. Like any of us is going to care.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
Exactly. If it was just a regular troll, I probably would've rolled my eyes and ignored her. The fact she's trying to "reform" me though is hilarious. Almost as hilarious as the fact she ignores basic comma rules-yes, I got curious and looked at a free sample of one of her books on Ammy. And as per usual in these cases, the writing is crap.
Never take seriously people that ignore punctuation rules while riding in on a high horse (if I may butcher the phrase) XD They can't be trusted ;)
Abandoned by user 8 years ago
Why does it NOT surprise me that she writes NA? That genre attracts the princesses.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
It really isn't that surprising. Unfortunately.....
Ugh. That apology was lousy. If you were offended? Sorry, don't buy that apology. I'm sorry I offended you, because I used offensive words I shouldn't have. You're way nicer than I am accepting that crap.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
Just because I accepted it doesn't mean I buy it ;) I figure she was young anyway or at least hope she was. Plus, I think my anger towards her transferred to Amanda.
That's not the way anger always works. I think they're both rude and nasty and am mad at both of them.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
Maybe it's because I'm more used to trolls like the first one-and it happened weeks ago. Either that or I'm really used to dealing with rude people.
Oh my god! I read what I could stomach of Amanda's writing. Seriously considering the dollar to rip apart that shit just to defend you. It's so bad. Like, fucking hilariously bad. She can't use commas, uses run-on sentences, and I forget what else went wrong in that clusterfuck.

Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
I might do it. The whole harassment comment has me seeing red right now. I am very tempted.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
Well, she's responded to your remark about the errors. Apparently, she knew about them before she published but was just too excited and....yeah, if our eyes got stuck from rolling join the club.
So much rage.
Atunah's Romance Haus 8 years ago
Oh for crying out load. So we have a friend of the author getting their panties in a twist because someone doesn't worship at the altar of some book. Now they want to dictate again what words we reviewers are allowed to use? Whats next, new rules on GR and a list of approved words to be used? So we don't hurt their widdle feelings when we dare not like something they wrote?

Atunah's Romance Haus 8 years ago
Crap, wasn't done, darn enter. They are getting more bold there now. They have seen how GR has been catering to them and put the hammer down on honest reviewers. Some have been waiting for that. They want nothing but 4 and 5 stars. Anything below gets harassed now.
And BD was shitty for me too. I am sure if I think really hard I can come up with other words, none of them will be on that approved list either I am sure.
And that one just doesn't know when to stop either. On and on. Precious, just precious.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
Yeah, I should hit the block button just to end her misery. But I decided just to let her keep running that mouth of hers. I mean, let her dig her own hole.
Atunah's Romance Haus 8 years ago
Oh no, don't deprive the world of such stupidity. :)
Abandoned by user 8 years ago
I think this is all calculated. No one is reading her crappy little novella, so she decided to gin up some controversy. Look @ her blog post.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
Oh God. Yeah, I just say it. I am tempted to delete the thread because of that. But I don't regret saying what I said (and there's probably screenshots already). She is a piece of work though.
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
If anyone's interested here's the blog post, do you guys think I could flag it?
: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/5273163-a-backlash-of-sorts-to-my-readers
Abandoned by user 8 years ago
Could you screenshot it here, and delete it over there?
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
I have individual shots of the comments she's made, but I don't have the software to take a shot of the whole thread. I also took shots of the blog post she made.
Miranda 8 years ago
Howdy, I flagged that one already just in case. Since she is naming shelf names in combination with her one stars I argued that those users are easily identifiable and therefor fair game for another round of harassment by the author and fans.

Full page screenshot of her whine post
Atunah's Romance Haus 8 years ago
So now she is playing the martyr. How predictable. How long will it be before she blames her meltdown on PMS? Nah, she'll squeeze this a bit longer. So she can claim how "bullied" she was.
Is there class somewhere for these scribblers where they learn how to twist them harassing a reviewer into themselves suddenly being the victim? Seems like a tactic now.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 8 years ago
Again someone thinking we're writing reviews for author improvement? Argh. By that logic anyone studying any author is working towards author improvement - too bad Shakespeare can't see all the essays and books written on his work, I'm sure he'd have been much better at writing by this point.
*HUGS* Don't let those idiots get to you and GR is a joke these days.
Sock Poppet at Play 8 years ago
Authors who can't be bothered to write comments in correctly punctuated English are just the type who expect reviewers to write "constructive" reviews.

Even worse is an author who can't be bothered to write her author profile page on Goodreads in correctly punctuated English.

This author is guilty of both. It's really sad when an author can't see that they are their own worst enemy, not reviewers writing negative, non-constructive reviews
Howdy YAL! 8 years ago
I honestly have no words at this point. I wrote a review of her book (based on the sample) and she had the audacity to comment on it. Grant it, she didn't say anything truly offensive, though based on her behavior today I sort of view it as almost condescending: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/771977222#comment_87382762
Sock Poppet at Play 8 years ago
Haha! I wouldn't worry about her being condescending. She managed to misspell a word in her comment and forget the period.

"Thank you for you feedback"