Comments: 5
Liz Loves Books.Com. 7 years ago
yeah read about that. Not bothering. I'm a top 500 reviewer if they don't want my reviews then they neednt have them. I will not be changing my wording in the slightest. Its what the publishers that send them to me call them and its what I shall continue to call them.
Bettie's Books 7 years ago
What is now wrong with the term ARC? (Apart from if you say it as a word it comes out as arsey)

@ The Book Nerd can you remove this post.I passed on this information as I read it from at least a dozen blogs that I interacted with today but others are insisting this can't be right.I have contacted amazon to see if this new information is true and asked for the provided link. I am removing my original post in the meantime just in case until I hear from them. Thanks
Friend sent this link to clarify

Here is amazon's policy, copied directly from their page "Reviews written for any form of compensation other than a free copy of the product. This includes reviews that are a part of a paid publicity package."
The term ARC was coined by publishing houses and was part of paid advertising so they see it as we authors arr paying for our reviews.
(Go to this link first: http://www.facebook.com/l.php... and then click the word GUIDELINES which is highlighted to view)