Mammarella 4 years ago
I was after this book for months! Argh... at least I got it with 55% off. Thanks for the warning.
KindleRomance 4 years ago
Most people seemed to like it. I didn't hate it, and I still skimmed it at opposed to just dropping it. But I was really hoping for better. I've loved some books by this author. I think a bigger issue is that I didn't expect the cat to be a real cat - I thought it was just a shifter.
Mammarella 4 years ago
oh, my... that might turn me off, too. Yet I have a friend who would jump right on it because of that cat! I wish we could trade ebooks like DTB :( I know for sure she has a few she's not reading either.
I'll give this book a chance anyway.
KindleRomance 4 years ago
Looking forward to hear what you think:-)
Ultramarine 4 years ago
wow sounds REALLY BAD :D
sometimes when I read a great book I just feel so lucky. I can't really explain it but it's sort of the feeling that it's not that obvious that any book we pick into our hands will really make a difference.
KindleRomance 4 years ago
I'm with you. I always get so excited when I end up loving a book. I also think I'm pretty easy to please so my ratings tend to average out higher. But it really bums me out when I wanted to like a book but I didn't:-(
Ultramarine 4 years ago
I think that in a way I'm easy to please as well, but I also quite picky with what I read.. so maybe I somehow do a good job of censoring them? I don't know.. There are a lot of things I find annoying in books but maybe I just reduce a star or something like that, it doesn't happen that often that I absolutely hate a book.
KindleRomance 4 years ago
I agree. If I just picked books randomly, I don't think my average would be so high. I definitely try to read reviews on most books and my "auto buy" author list is down to 2 authors. Kim Dare & Cardeno C.
Mammarella 4 years ago
I think it's us getting more selective, too. What would have been fine 3 years ago is not good enough anymore.
KindleRomance 4 years ago
Definitely. Plus there's a bit of expectation when you really like an author. Or when you pay a lot for a book. I'm much more lenient on the free stories that came out of Love's Landscapes than those that I buy.