MMarte 1 year ago
Sometimes light and breezy is all you need! LOL Seriously, though, I see your points. Definitely that Reed just laughed at every single thing Henry said. But I liked it, it fitted my mood when I read it. Sorry it didn't work as well for you, though.
Linda78 1 year ago
I thought this was the first NR Walker I've read, but I also read Ten in the Bin a couple years back and gave it a two. It could be this writer just doesn't work for me. I'm still planning to read Red Dirt Heart though at some point.

Light and breezy is great. This just didn't work for me. Glad you enjoyed it though.
MMarte 1 year ago
To be honest, compared to other works of her, this wasn't her best. I highly recommend Red Dirt Heart series, though! It's one of my favorite series! And characters. :)
Linda78 1 year ago
Everyone does seem to love that series, even when they don't like her other stuff, so I'm looking forward to finally getting to it.
Ami's Hoard 1 year ago
I think I gave this three, on account that I can somehow 'connect' to the experience of exercising to lose weight. But to be honest, I no longer think of NR Walker as author I enjoy. She just writes repetitive thing for me and it no longer works
Linda78 1 year ago
I've done the weight loss thing too and this was such an exaggerated portrayal of that it lost me. It's probably the part of the book I liked the least.
MMarte 1 year ago
Have you guys read "Power Bottom?" by Rowan McAllister? The setting is different, so they can't really be compared, but it has the same, I don't know, humor or writing style? Like, funny situations and funny dialogue? I read Power Bottom right after The Weight of it All, and I found PB to be better actually, or more fun. I recognized the same humor, but I felt it was more subdued, on point, and not so over the top, and it worked a lot better. In my opinion, though. ;)
Linda78 1 year ago
I haven't, and looking at Ami's review for it, it has a sex to plot ratio that would drive me up the wall. :( Thanks for the suggestion though. I may borrow it someday if I'm in the mood.