Comments: 4
Blondie and Read 10 months ago
I haven't read, like, any horror, but this sounds awesome. I need a book that's going to grab me. I've been in a bit of a lull. I'll be adding this to my TBR. As a new reader to the horror genre, any book that I absolutely need to read?
Michael Patrick Hicks 10 months ago
Stephen King is an easy go-to recommendation, and IT and THE STAND are two of my all-time favorites. They're massive tomes, though, and the thousand-plus pages can be a bit intimidating. PET SEMETARY is pretty dark and devastating, but also one of his best. Also check out Jonathan Janz - his latest release, CHILDREN OF THE DARK, is as good a starting point as any. There's also Brian Keene's THE COMPLEX, if you're looking for non-stop horror action. I like Hunter Shea's stuff a lot, too. Greg F. Gifune and Tim Curran are solid reads. Hopefully between all that you can find something to enjoy! :)
Blondie and Read 10 months ago
Thank you!!
Michael Patrick Hicks 10 months ago
My pleasure! If short stories are up your alley, check out the Bad Apple series, too. They authors recently released book 3, which I haven't read yet, but it's a fun bunch of anthologies. Editor Ellen Datlow puts together a bunch of horror anthologies, too.

OK, now you should have plenty to start with! :)