Comments: 4
Blondie and Read 1 year ago
I haven't read, like, any horror, but this sounds awesome. I need a book that's going to grab me. I've been in a bit of a lull. I'll be adding this to my TBR. As a new reader to the horror genre, any book that I absolutely need to read?
Stephen King is an easy go-to recommendation, and IT and THE STAND are two of my all-time favorites. They're massive tomes, though, and the thousand-plus pages can be a bit intimidating. PET SEMETARY is pretty dark and devastating, but also one of his best. Also check out Jonathan Janz - his latest release, CHILDREN OF THE DARK, is as good a starting point as any. There's also Brian Keene's THE COMPLEX, if you're looking for non-stop horror action. I like Hunter Shea's stuff a lot, too. Greg F. Gifune and Tim Curran are solid reads. Hopefully between all that you can find something to enjoy! :)
Blondie and Read 1 year ago
Thank you!!
My pleasure! If short stories are up your alley, check out the Bad Apple series, too. They authors recently released book 3, which I haven't read yet, but it's a fun bunch of anthologies. Editor Ellen Datlow puts together a bunch of horror anthologies, too.

OK, now you should have plenty to start with! :)