Jessica (HDB) 2 months ago
*rubs hands together* This is my area of expertise as I LOVE middle grade books! Any preference on genre?
Paper Soul 2 months ago
I am open to all books! I would say books that you think would have the most impact or great for storytelling. But anything really!!!
Jessica (HDB) 2 months ago
These are all MG books:
The Lost Twin series by Sophie Cleverly is like a new version of Nancy Drew mixed with Historical Fiction.
The Jack Blank Series by Matt Myklush is a fantasy/contemporary mash up that I LOVE (great kid based messages).
Some Kind of Happiness is a gorgeous contemporary book that borders on magical realism and deals with childhood depression.
Also, if you haven't read the Flavia De Luce series by Alan Bradley, those are also great historical fiction/mystery books!
Jessica (HDB) 2 months ago
Also, anything Roald Dahl, anything Kate DiCamillo, all of Lauren Oliver's MG books (The Spindlers is my favorite) and Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli!
Watership Down by Richard Adams.
The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss

I'm reading one now that seems good, age 8-12 Horror. Trapped in Room 217 by Thomas Kingsley Troupe.
My Never Ending List 2 months ago
Oh, I have a lot! I read a lot of middle school books. I'll give you my 5 star reads. Everything I Know About You, All'Faire in Middle School, Swing It, Sunny, Just Under the Clouds, The Unforgettable Guinevere St.Clair, Where the Watermelons Grow, The Creativity Project: An Awesometastic Story Collection, Lions and Liars, Ashes to Asheville, Dan Gemeinhart books, Raymie Nightingale, The Giant Smugglers, The Beloved Wild, Checked, The Secret Horses of Blair Hill, Paul Rockett books, Dazzle Ships: WWI, Island: a Story of the Galapagos, Candy Bombers by Tunnell, Her Right Foot, Dory Fantasmagory, One For Sorrow, Thornhill, Two truths and a Lie: It's Alive!, Refugee, Where on Earth?, Finding Perfect, Oz: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Shanower, Irene's Children by Farrell, The Fox by Brremaud, Dear George Clooney: Marry My Mom, Don Brown books (9/11 book, Huuricane Katrina), Atlas of Animal Adventures by Williams, A Night Divided, The Girl Who Drank the Moon, Roller Girl, Mayday, Wolf Hollow, Sara Lost and Found, My Life with Liars, Some Kind of Happiness, Just My Luck, Pax, The Choice, The Wolf Wilder, The Safest Lie, Emma and the Banderwigh, The Paper Cowboy, Into the Killing Sea, Mystery of the Frozen Lands, Cuckoo Song, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl, Nightbird, Hansel and Gretel by Gaiman, Walking Home, Brown Girl Dreaming,Nest, The Missing Pieces of Me, The Fourteenth Goldfish, The Meaning of Maggie, Bird by Chan, The lions of Little Rock, Go,Go America, The Wonder of Charlie Anne,
My Never Ending List 2 months ago
Sorry about the long list but I thought I'd give you quite a variety to chose from. If you need others, let me know.
I read lots of children's and YA too so if you need anything else, let me know. I have some great picture books, if you need them.
I love kids books. Having three grown kids, a granddaughter, being a substitute teacher and volunteering in the library, I try to read what the kids are reading.