Robot!
RedT Reads Randomly 3 years ago
I thought you might be interested!
Jennifer's Books 3 years ago
I do believe I read a short by this same author with this same character in the best of tor.com compilation I've been working my way through. I remember because it was one of the few stories I really liked.

ETA: Yep. It's on the site you linked to!
RedT Reads Randomly 3 years ago
Oh, I didn't even see that part. Thanks!
Jennifer's Books 3 years ago
You're welcome!
Irresponsible Reader 3 years ago
Just read his Big Idea about this book over at Whatever, looks good. I just don't know if I could get far in it without comparing it to A. Lee Martinez' Automatic Detective.
RedT Reads Randomly 3 years ago
Haven't read that one. Off to check it out now. Thanks.
RedT Reads Randomly 2 years ago
Yes, they do sound a lot alike. I might read them continuously.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Did you end up reading this? I love the cover and would love to know if the content is as appealing. :)

(Yeah, welcome back!)
I'm not RedT, but I started it, and I'm enjoying it so far.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Great! Are you planning on reviewing it?
When I finish it, yes. I want to get in some comics to bump up my total for this year, to be perfectly honest, and then I have to find it after the massive cleaning of the room, then find the time to finish it.

I'm reading paper books way, way more slowly these days, though. I'll bump it up my TBR int, though!
RedT Reads Randomly 1 year ago
So funny that I have Not read this yet, but last night when I was looking through my old blogs I said, oh yeah, I wanted to read this. So it's moved back up on my TBR.
Grim, if you finish first, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think.
Fair. I'll see what I can do. Damn, I hope I can find the book again now...
RedT Reads Randomly 1 year ago
Haha. I know what you mean. I've actually started giving books away. I sent four boxes of books to a local junior high just before Christmas. Have many more to do.
I cleaned and always lose shit when I clean.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Yup. That is a common problem. Those people who claim that cleaning helps you find stuff obviously don't know what they are talking about.
RedT Reads Randomly 1 year ago
Exactly why I never clean.
Actually I have lots of reasons why I never clean.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
haha. As if not being able to find books needed any more justification....
I had to clean. I absolutely had to, and it felt good. I can find most of my stuff now.

And I found it. I was lying on the bed, looked up and saw the spine. Yay! I'll get started on that January 1st if I have time. And I should.
BrokenTune 1 year ago