Comments: 5
Tannat 5 years ago
Well, there's an awful lot of the real world bleeding into the Discworld, so I can see how you may not really like the series then. Mostly Pratchett didn't make stuff up, exactly. He took things from all over history and put them on the Discworld. I still catch new references in my rereads (but I find that fun).

Susan comes back, of course.
YouKneeK 5 years ago
I don’t mind the references and satire here and there that are found in most of the books. That's often what makes them fun. What I don't like as much are the books like this where most of the plot centers around one particular aspect of real life.
Tannat 5 years ago
And that's fair. I've just realized over the years that a lot of it is actually references to stuff I didn't know about.
YouKneeK 5 years ago
I think it would near impossible to catch all of it, but I imagine that makes it more fun to reread. In Reaper Man, I never even grasped the shopping mall thing until after I’d finished the book and was reading other reviews. My American mind did not make the connection that “trolley” = “shopping cart”. I was picturing something entirely different.
Tannat 5 years ago
lol I think that may have been where I learned the British term, although I was a lot younger when I read it so that may have made the leap easier.