Tannat 11 months ago
You made me snort a little there ("does not fare well").
I kinda wish Rocket would just punch Simon. He's so much more... of an a-hole than Simon is and I want that in this novel right now...
Tannat 11 months ago
Simon is very...bland, in a growly way.
Yes, yes he is. I wish he'd blow something up, pick up a gun, or really have a go at them verbally like Rocket would.

I'm having trouble keeping up interest because of Simon tbh.
Tannat 11 months ago
I think I struggled more with Meg? But I hear you about Simon.
Tannat 11 months ago
No, I think in retrospect that Meg was more or less as to be expected but Simon was too...scooby.
I actually don't mind Meg, but I feel like she's more consistent? I think it's mostly Simon going back and forth and not being enough of a jerkface that makes me want to smack him.
I think you might be right. I didn't mind him in the first, but in the second... I dunno. He's a little too tame, and a little too nice.
Tannat 11 months ago
Yeah, he doesn't pull off feral very well (and you don't feel he really should be "tame").
Debbie's Spurts 11 months ago
I wanted more consistency from Simon, too. I thoroughly loved every one of these books and wolfed them down so fast I didn't really think about it while reading. But, it did grate a bit how Simon behaved differently and erratically with Meg. I mean, sure, it's fine that he'd behave softer to a love interest or even to someone considered wounded, but the bouncing between angst, whine, clueless, know it all, domineering, servile ... I liked him better in later parts where we see more of the "leader" side of him.
I mean, I know this isn't Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'm craving Rocket so bad after reading Simon...
Jennifer's Books 11 months ago
"Wolfed" them down. I see what you did there, Debbie. ;)