Portable Magic 5 years ago
I love PMJ! They have the most amazing covers of silly pop songs. But it's the Tambourine Guy that always makes my day.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I never heard of them until the 2 days ago.
Portable Magic 5 years ago
Then you must check out their cover of Royals, featuring Puddles, the 7 ft clown with the golden voice. I got to see Puddles live last week and my face still hurts from laughing.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Will do!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Ok, I checked him out, he's amazing. I'm especially digging this video:
Portable Magic 5 years ago
Yes, that was incredible live, although the Dallas performance was more interactive and he played up the comedy rather than the pathos. I think the contrast with the physical comedy made the impact of his powerful voice even greater, if that's possible. Hallelujah starts about 7:40 on this video, but check out 1:35 - when he confiscates a cell phone someone is recording him with. He fucked with just about everyone who was recording. I was relatively lucky, I only got a purposeful face-full of giant clown ass as he climbed past me looking for his next victim, er, audience participant.

Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
HA! That was pretty cool! I've never heard of this guy before. How did you discover him? And what's the deal, exactly? He sings and does clown stuff? LOL It just seems like such a weird combo.
Portable Magic 5 years ago
I saw the PMJ/Royals video somewhere, I think on Jezebel, shared it w a friend who loves talented singers, and she found his tour schedule on his website. I don't know if singing clown performance art is a thing out there somewhere. It's new to me. I read an interview after the Dallas show where he indicated that the song list and props were the same for every show but the rest tends to be tailored to the venue and audience. This audience had been drinking at the bar for 2 hours prior to the show and was a little rowdy and ready to be entertained, so maybe that's why we got the show that we did. I'll post the video I took of him victim-hunting, complete with clown ass extreme closeup.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Singing clown performance art...yeah, that's weird. That said, I found that clip to be entertaining. :)
Portable Magic 5 years ago
I haven't been able to figure out how to post the victim-hunting video. I have it on facebook, and the "embed" link doesn't seem to be working, and there doesn't seem to be a way to upload videos directly to our blogs. Oh well. It was funny and creepy all at the same time.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
LOL I know!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I'm sorry, I don't know how to shut that off. It's irritating me too.
Scarlet's Web 5 years ago
I was just about to post that too! In my case it auto played after me having left my pc for over an hour. I sat down , fired up firefox , reopened BL and it scared the crap outta me. Darn cat had been on my desk and managed to turn the volume up max while I was AFK.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago