Love this.
I actually don't remember the last time I read an entire book at once. My life is too filled with distractions that get in the way of my reading -- like kids. But I still love them. ;)
Lillelara 5 years ago
Jon Krakauers "Into Thin Air". I read this book in one of my nightshifts and cursed every customer who dared to disturb my reading. That night I didn´t get some sleep, being stuck on that mountain with all these mountaineers.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I haven't read that one, but I need to. The last book I read by him was about Fundamentalist Mormons called Under the Banner of Heaven. It was extremely disturbing.
Lillelara 5 years ago
Just looked this one up and it sounds really disturbing. I will keep that one in mind. "Into the Wild" is already on my TBR-Pile.
I read "Into Thin Air" in the beginning of this year and I´m actually considering to reread it again in the next weeks. I´m looking forward to watch the upcoming movie Everest, which is based on Krakauers narrative and the other books surrounding the 1996 Mount Everest catastrophe.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
That WAS a good one! :)
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Ugh, I hate when something like that happens in the midst of a series. Then you feel like you've wasted all that time.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Abandoned by user 5 years ago
I usually read Agatha Christie in one go because they are such fast reads. Last one was Sad Cypress (not one her best).
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Cool! Thanks!
5 years ago
Every time I get an episode of The Chronicles of the Harekaiian I try to make it last, but I just devour it. Since the books are novella length, they take a day or two at most.
I remember my first: Black Easter by James Blish. I strongly recommend it to all.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I went to add that one and it was already on my TBR! :)
I'm curious as to what you will make of it.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I will be sure to post back when I finally check it out. :)
You are right, Anita Blake books turned to shit around the 7th novel.
Mystereity 5 years ago
I read a lot of cozy mysteries, and I can usually read one in an evening. I'm a fast reader. :)
"Finch" by Vandermeer.
The last one, judging from my read list on here, was On the Day I Died: Stories from the Grave. However, I do it pretty darn regularly if I can get away with it, and often finish a book (or two) a day if I can stick with just one.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
A book OR TWO? LOL That's awesome! I'm envious. :)