Sarah's Library 5 years ago
I think it's going to be good, not as good as The Walking Dead because it won't have our favourite characters and I don't think the characters will have quite the connection that the originals do, but a good prequel to the series that'll tell the full story of how it all began.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I am looking forward to learning how everything started. I think there's a lot they can do with that premise.
Hol 5 years ago
I must have had my head buried in the sand because I didn't hear about this! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be watching. I found the original series quite depressing to be honest, but I guess that's to be expected from zombie shows. Hope it's as well-written though and the characterisation is as good.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I'm glad that you learned about it now so you can check it out, H.!
Yesss! I'm really looking forward to this. And it's just in time since many of the shows I watch are going or have gone on summer hiatus.
Me too!
PS It's going to take me a second to get used to the main actress being in this world since I associate her with Sons of Anarchy.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I think she was also on House of Cards! (I haven't watched SOA, but hope to over the winter.)
I will no doubt spend a year desperately attempting to avoid spoilers before picking up the DVD release, because that'll be my first access to it...
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Aww, really? Do you watch the original TWD?
Yes - I am stuck at the end of year 4 until late Septemeber, I believe it is, however...
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Boy, you have some good stuff in store!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Yeah, but now we get to learn how everything originated. I'm looking forward to that. (Though I do hope this one stays character focused too.)
Soze Says 5 years ago
I'm totally in.
Regurgitating zombies would be a new concept...
I am missing my zombies!!! So I am for sure going to be watching it to see what it is about. I am ready to see how this all came to be.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
The mall zombies are long gone, sir. Though we did have some seriously decaying zombies that fell through a water weakened roof onto our poor survivors that were scavenging in the store. ;)
Yes! It's back on and sooner than I thought too. I can't wait to see what unfolds this season.
Be careful! Get any vomit in your mouth/eyes/nose/bloodstream and you too become one of the Shambling Pukers!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I'm a HUGE fan of the original Romero film. However, the original TWD show is about the characters, not the zombies. That said, I think puking zombies would be HILARIOUS! ;)
charlton 5 years ago
Can't wait to see what happened pre-Rick.I hope it's as good as I anticipate. :)
Me too, charlton!
So what did you think? I liked it. I liked the set up, and future eps look good. I think it's going to take a bit for it to find its groove, but I can appreciate that ep 1 was more of an intro into the characters & into the very first inklings that something is wrong. I do think they should have shown a bit more shock and awe at seeing a dude mutilated by a car still alive (in the final scene). I also think it was really strange that an entire district would panic because one guy behaved erratically & was shot on the freeway. I thought there would be more mention of sickness throughout the city before people started to panic. But we'll see how it goes. :)

It's still really hard for me to see the main actress as someone other than the character she played on SOA. And it didn't help that they showed a commercial for Kurt Sutter's (SOA creator) new show during the airing. lol
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
What's Sutter's new show?

I liked it. I was hoping for just a bit more action though. I, too, thought there would be more talk of sickness, then again, there weren't many shots of televisions on and there weren't any radios playing in the background either, so maybe there is chatter and we just haven't been exposed to it yet.
The previews for the next few episodes looked pretty good, so I think we'll be sticking with it for a while and see how it goes. :)
I agree about the action. I was hoping for a little more, too. Reviews on Twitter seem to be on the more negative side. Some of them are really funny. One woman said that 90 minutes of Rick in a coma would have been more interesting than the FWD family. lol

Sutter's new show is called The Bastard Executioner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCUoDZI9CpY
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
LOL About Rick in the coma. But geez, we have to give them time to set things up.

Ohhhh, I've seen the previews for that show! Are you planning on watching?
Definitely! I just have to prepare myself as KS loves to destroy his characters. He's kind of like GRRM in that regard.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
BTW Rachel, we're on our third episode of Sons of Anarchy tonight. We're hooked. :)
Awesome! Enjoy! :)
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
He's too hot to make me mad. ;)
Hol 5 years ago
I'm going to watch it tonight as it's only up on the site I use. Looking forward to it.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I look forward to hearing your thoughts, H!
Hol 5 years ago
I can't wait to see it. You've got me all excited. I have a really sheltered life lol! How you keeping, by the way?
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Hanging in there, thanks for asking. How 'bout you?
Hol 5 years ago
Same as you lol.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Damn it all. I feel asleep at 8:55!! I'll have to watch it tonight.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I'd love to hear what you think!
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Damn DVR didn't record because there was a raindrop on the dish. It didn't record The Talking Dead either. I'm so sad. Will have to catch it on a replay.
Aww man. :(
charlton 5 years ago
I liked the show,it was a little slow but that's to be expected.We had to be introduced and basically nothing happens.I did feel sorry the drug addict who saw a zombie eating someone,and then when he tries to tell people what he saw it was just like "yea,kid you were wasted".Until the very end.

And I do want to see The Bastard Executioner :)
I thought the addict was the most compelling character. I'm curious to see where they go with him. On Twitter someone made a joke about him being a combo of Skeet Ulrich, of Scream fame, and Kramer from Seinfeld. lol

I can't wait for TBE. I miss Sons of Anarchy sooooo much. I'm hoping this new show will help fill the void.
LOL We can only hope!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Charlton, agreed! I thought the addict kid was a good character and I thought the guy playing him did a good job.

Rachel, LMAO When I think about it, I can see the comparison of Skeet and Kramer!
lol Me too! There were so many jokes about this show on Twitter. People are ruthless. lol
Hol 5 years ago
I watched the show. I thought it was pretty good once it got going, which unfortunately was right at the end lol! However that does mean that I'm really looking forward to the next one. It was well acted too.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Thanks for coming back and sharing your thoughts, H!
I thought the actors were all good, except for the mom. I wasn't crazy about her performance. I'm told she's been excellent in other shows, so maybe she's just finding her groove.
"I thought the actors were all good, except for the mom. I wasn't crazy about her performance."

Char, I felt the same way. She was pretty one-note. To be honest, I thought she was miscast. But like you, I hope she grows into her character.
Maybe she'll just get eaten by a zombie?
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Or vomited upon? We can only hope! ;)
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
I finally caught it last night. I enjoyed the extensive setup and all of the getting-to-know-you scenes with the main characters even though I know they're only doing it so they can rip my heart out in a later episode. I agree the mom seemed a little "off" in some of her scenes. Hopefully she'll find her footing with the character. Other than that I have no complaints.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Bark. I know what you mean about getting our hearts ripped out.
Soze Says 5 years ago
Just finished watching it. I'm with most of the posters here: I liked it without being blown away, but am more than happy to give the show a chance to breathe. It was never going to be as awesome as the first ep of The Walking Dead, so I'm not sure why so many others out there on the net expected it to be.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
It seems that most people did expect it to be as great as TWD right from the get-go. But I remember not being very impressed with TWD at first. It took a little while for them to find their groove, and I'm sure that will apply to this show also. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Soze. :)
The first episode of TWD was an unenthralling rip-off of 28 Days Later (which in turn owed an enormous debt to the start of Day of the Triffids) that I almost quit right then.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Loved Day of the Triffids. Well, the book. I've never seen the movie.
Yep, it's a good book, but not the best by Wyndham in my view.
Soze Says 5 years ago
Thanks Char. Here's to this one picking up in the same manner TWD did through the course of its first season.