Martini 5 years ago
Here (in Germany) we are waiting for season 5. It'll probably air in November. Yay!
Oh damn! You guys are behind! :(
Martini 5 years ago
Yes we are. :( But we have a saying: "Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude" = anticipation is the most pleasant kind of joy. So much to anticipate! :D
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
You have so much good stuff coming your way!!
Midu Reads 5 years ago
Hey, I have her as a banner on my GR group :-)
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Well, she is photogenic. ;)
Midu Reads 5 years ago
True! lol
I can't wait!!!
Me either! *squeak*
Nope, I'm not either. And that makes me sad. :(
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I'm not totally sold on the fact that the idea was bad...I think it could have worked, but...it just didn't/isn't. I can't quite put my finger on why, though the acting is definitely a part of it, for me. Also, I would like to have a feel for what is going on in the rest of the world, like you said.
charlton 5 years ago
I"m soo glad! FTWD just isn't filling the void,it's a lot like a drama.Though next week looks like the National will formally move in.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Maybe it will pick up a little more then.
charlton 5 years ago
On the good side we did get to see a walker die by shotgun blast :)
I just watched a guy put out the trash on FTWD. Did he not see the city falling apart and the zombie getting shot in the face and not die until it was shot a second time??

I don't know why this show doesn't work. I loved the characters in Walking Dead from the beginning. I don't like these characters at all...
"Did he not see the city falling apart and the zombie getting shot in the face and not die until it was shot a second time??"

lol I know, right? I was like, what the hell. haha

I've been thinking a lot about that scene and I think this is where good acting can make all the difference. If that had been Rick, it would have come across as a man trying to hold onto some semblance of normalcy because he's having a hard time making sense of what just happened. I mean, the guy didn't even bother trying to hide the bloody rug in a black bag. But the way this guy did it, it really just came across as someone putting out the garbage. lol

I do think the actor is trying. I think he and the addict are two of the better actors (or at least really trying to sell it) on the show.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
That's a good point, Rachel. Rick would have acted the shit out of that scene. Well, Andrew Lincoln would have, at least.
charlton 5 years ago
You're right there,2 characters from this show the drug addict boy and the older man from South America.Those are the only 2 that really grab me.

Yeah,that's not saying a lot.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Those are the two that I enjoy most as well. For a drug addict, the kid has a solid idea of what's going on.

ESCAPE, same here. It did take a little while for the characters on the original TWD to "gel", so to speak. Maybe that's what's happening here? I don't know, I can't quite put my finger on why it's not working well either.
I haven't given up yet. Maybe it took a while for TWD characters to grab me too. I don't quite remember. I love them so much now that it's hard to remember a time when I didn't. But one thing I do know, I never felt like they were "phoning it in" or that their actions didn't work for their characters (even if it took me time to figure out their motivations).
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
She's outta luck. My brains fell out around the time my kids were born.
Yeeeessss! Can't wait!!! :)
I'm with you guys regarding FTWD. It feels as though the actors are sleepwalking through their lines. Especially the Mom, don't get me started on her. Even Ruben Blades, who is a good actor, seems to be phoning it in. And the writing is not great. Behaviors don't make sense. Bleh.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Yes! To pretty much everything you said. :)
I haven't given it up just yet, but it's still a bummer because I think they had so much to work with here. Like you guys said above, it would have been interesting to see how it all falls apart throughout the world. But the way things are being done just doesn't make much sense. Calling in the military into a US town is a big deal. You'd think they'd show press conferences of govt officials trying to sell the need for it as well as trying to calm everyone down. Especially because what came across was that the chaos was a result of a riot due to what people thought was a shooting of an unarmed man/police brutality. And it wasn't until later that you see that hospital scene. But you don't really get much of sense that there is a national (or global) crisis due to some sort of epidemic. The residential areas are quiet, from what we've seen. It was quiet enough that even the neighbor was putting out the garbage, so even he felt as though life was business as usual (and did he not hear the woman across the street being attacked and the gunshots???). I don't know, I think I needed more of a lead in to the crisis. The whole thing (even the behavior of the military at this moment in time) doesn't seem realistic.

One thing that struck me as both portions of the families were waiting out the riot was that not one of them was listening to the radio. Reasonable behavior is to listen to the news during time of crisis. I also couldn't understand why the mom & kids would leave the safety of a locked house to break into their neighbor's house to steal a gun. It just didn't make any damn sense. lol
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
THAT is a plot point that's been sticking with me. I know that information is hard to get at this time, but no one seems to be doing anything at all to get it.
I get that the power is out, but when trying to get news when there's no power-it seems that the radio is the next, most obvious choice.
Yes! Years ago we had a blackout here in NYC. The first thing we did was pull out an old radio, go to the store to buy batteries, and then remained glued to the news. And that was only a blackout. Imagine if there had been a riot in the city?
And another thing....now I can't stop, Char lol ... what the hell is up with the dude not trying to get his wife some much needed medical attention? The woman is grievously injured and 1) he's like, yeah we'll stay here, in this stranger's house, and not try to get to another town where there are presumably clinics and hospitals and 2) he walks into the room all cheery, "hello, my love", while his wife's leg is slowly headed towards a whopping dose of gangrene. I just can't with these people. lol
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
LOL I don't know what that guy is doing. I actually like his character...and I was wondering if it will turn out later that he knows more than what he is saying so far. She certainly seems to trust in him quite a bit-boy is she gonna be pissed if she loses that leg!

And yeah, we had a freak storm here in western MA back in 2011 and were without power for a week. Without that radio we might've gone insane.